• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

Bumpsis

During these uncertain times, you may feel unsure about the future and it may be difficult for you to commit to adventures still months away. We understand and want to help alleviate some of that uncertainty, should you decide to buy your pass now or later.

To welcome you to the Ikon Pass community, in addition to the many Ikon Pass benefits, we are introducing Adventure Assurance, providing flexibility for the 20/21 winter season by offering you the choice to defer your adventure to the following season, winter 21/22. This will continue to be available to you if you decide to purchase after prices go up on May 27, 2020.

What You Need to Know:

To take advantage of the lowest prices and discounts on child passes, purchase your 20/21 Ikon Pass before May 27, 2020.

Regardless of when you purchase, you can choose to defer the value of your 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass. Contact us between September 10 - December 10, 2020 to defer your pass to the following season.

There is no fee to defer your pass to winter 21/22. More details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

As kelly001 said - this is a smart move. Given the option of deferral, I'm baaack in the Ikon camp.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
In the past 5 weeks Covid-19 went from being a joke, to 100-200k deaths, and now signs of normalcy are within sight. Fear is subsiding and I have utmost faith in ski resorts getting open for next season. I hope Killington announces something soon so I can get next season's pass cheap lol.

VTKilarney

My job is safe and my pay has been restored. I only wound up having my pay cut for three weeks.

But I am not going to purchase a Burke pass. There are just too many uncertainties, especially for a ski area that is in receivership and doesn't turn a profit. I will take the money that I would have spent on the pass and use it for day tickets, even if it means that I ski fewer days next winter. That is a trade I am willing to make for the peace of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about what next season will look like.

Zermatt

I don't really follow Epic...have they made matching offer consistent with Ikon in terms of renewal credits and deferred value to 21/22 season?

Vermont is well on their way to normalcy, I just have a hard time seeing how you control the spread between hot zones like NYC and VT just a few hours away.

machski

I don't really follow Epic...have they made matching offer consistent with Ikon in terms of renewal credits and deferred value to 21/22 season?

Vermont is well on their way to normalcy, I just have a hard time seeing how you control the spread between hot zones like NYC and VT just a few hours away.
Yeah, I don't know if Epic can counter Alterra here. Vail has to answer to shareholders, Alterra does not. Will be interesting to see Vail's plans for 20-21. I think there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding it still.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Terry

Bought our Shawnee Peak passes yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed that the season will happen.

slatham

From Storm King Skiing Journal:

Windham became the latest Northeast mountain to provide some kind of pass protection in the event that the 2020-21 ski season doesn’t happen, allowing skiers to defer their purchase to the 2021-22 season any time between Sept. 1 and Dec. 10, so long as the pass has not been used.

The mountain joins Alterra (deferrals allowed between Sept. 10 and Dec. 10), Magic (full or partial credit if the government closes ski areas before or during the season), and Jay Peak (full “no-questions-asked” refunds until Oct. 1), in offering some sort of pass protection to Northeast skiers.

p_levert

From Storm King Skiing Journal:

Windham became the latest Northeast mountain to provide some kind of pass protection in the event that the 2020-21 ski season doesn’t happen, allowing skiers to defer their purchase to the 2021-22 season any time between Sept. 1 and Dec. 10, so long as the pass has not been used.

The mountain joins Alterra (deferrals allowed between Sept. 10 and Dec. 10), Magic (full or partial credit if the government closes ski areas before or during the season), and Jay Peak (full “no-questions-asked” refunds until Oct. 1), in offering some sort of pass protection to Northeast skiers.

Also Bolton, from the bottom of their season pass page:

Should the 2020-21 winter season be negatively impacted by the COVID-19 / coronavirus global pandemic, we have determined the following policy for 3 hypothetical scenarios, should they occur:
1. If closed for the entire 2020-21 winter season: Your pass will be deferred to the following season (2021-22). No cash refunds. Like product for like product. Not transferable. If you’d like to upgrade your pass product, your previous year’s purchase will serve as a credit toward that purchase (i.e. would like to go from a Night Pass to an All Terrain Day & Night Pass, for instance)
2. If we have a 2020-21 season shorter than 11 weeks: If we have a season that is shorter than 11 weeks (equivalent of Christmas though mid March) then for each week that the season is shorter than 11, you will get 10% off the purchase of your 2021-22 season pass. Example: If our 2020-21 season is 9 weeks – you will get 20% off your 2021-22 season pass.
3. If we are open, but your are uncomfortable coming to the mountain due to the coronavirus / COVID-19 and will not use your pass: Must notify us by 12/1/20. You must not have skied on your pass. If you meet these two conditions, we will turn off your pass for the year and you will get 80% off your purchase applied to your 2021-22 season pass purchase.

from https://www.boltonvalley.com/winter/tickets-passes/season-passes/

OTOH, the first deadline to purchase is 4/27, I think they need to push that back. Also, no mention of partner passes and the like.

slatham

Also Bolton, from the bottom of their season pass page:

Should the 2020-21 winter season be negatively impacted by the COVID-19 / coronavirus global pandemic, we have determined the following policy for 3 hypothetical scenarios, should they occur:
1. If closed for the entire 2020-21 winter season: Your pass will be deferred to the following season (2021-22). No cash refunds. Like product for like product. Not transferable. If you’d like to upgrade your pass product, your previous year’s purchase will serve as a credit toward that purchase (i.e. would like to go from a Night Pass to an All Terrain Day & Night Pass, for instance)
2. If we have a 2020-21 season shorter than 11 weeks: If we have a season that is shorter than 11 weeks (equivalent of Christmas though mid March) then for each week that the season is shorter than 11, you will get 10% off the purchase of your 2021-22 season pass. Example: If our 2020-21 season is 9 weeks – you will get 20% off your 2021-22 season pass.
3. If we are open, but your are uncomfortable coming to the mountain due to the coronavirus / COVID-19 and will not use your pass: Must notify us by 12/1/20. You must not have skied on your pass. If you meet these two conditions, we will turn off your pass for the year and you will get 80% off your purchase applied to your 2021-22 season pass purchase.

from https://www.boltonvalley.com/winter/tickets-passes/season-passes/

OTOH, the first deadline to purchase is 4/27, I think they need to push that back. Also, no mention of partner passes and the like.

Thanks, that's very customer friendly IMHO.

cdskier

The Bolton policy seems very reasonable and pretty well thought out.

snoseek

The Bolton policy seems very reasonable and pretty well thought out.

Yep total class act right there. I would think these resorts would start making a plan like this or they will lose out big time.

p_levert

Yeah, it's a great policy and a great medium sized ski area.

But they took away their Freedom Pass benefit and that hurts! It sure would be nice if they would offer a few partner pass benefits and/or a rebate on the Indy Pass.

dblskifanatic

Yeah, it's a great policy and a great medium sized ski area.

But they took away their Freedom Pass benefit and that hurts! It sure would be nice if they would offer a few partner pass benefits and/or a rebate on the Indy Pass.

Unfortunately, BV and Magic were the kingpins of that pass in NE. Granted it was three days but .....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

As kelly001 said - this is a smart move. Given the option of deferral, I'm baaack in the Ikon camp.

This also is the case for all of Sugarbush’s local seasonal passes purchased before May 27th.

slatham

Bromley pushed deadline to June 15th from May 15th. No mention of any changes but this at least gives them time to decide what to do. IMHO not altering pricing and providing some form of 2020/21 season protection would be very uncompetitive, especially given what Magic and Stratton (Alterra) have done.

VTKilarney

June makes a lot of sense. If lockdowns are lifted by then people will feel more comfortable making a purchase.

cflavin92

This is an email response from Ragged Mountain regarding their policy for next season.

Please see below what Ragged will be doing for our 20/21 Season Pass holders.

For any Mission: Affordable season pass purchased for the 2020-21 ski season, if the buyer is concerned that we won’t be able to open for the 2020-21 winter season due to the covid 19 virus, the buyer can request any time between September 1st and December 1st, that their 2020-21 season pass be deferred and used for the 2021-22 winter season.

Even if the price of the season pass goes up, their price will be locked in at this year’s rate for 2021-22. Please note that this is not a cash refund policy. This is a one-time deferral of usage to the following year if they are concerned that the 2020-21 ski season may not happen due to the coronavirus.

Thank You for your interest in Ragged Mountain Resort.

Last edited:

bizarrefaith

Bigger than passes, who has re-upped their seasonal leases? We lost our spot (sold) and I am interested to see if there's more inventory this year than in prior years.