• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

Bumpsis

Does anyone know the price increase deadline for IKON pass? I just can't find that info on their site. I'm tempted to take advantage of the renewal rate but it would be good to know how long I have before the price goes up.

Cobbold

Does anyone know the price increase deadline for IKON pass? I just can't find that info on their site. I'm tempted to take advantage of the renewal rate but it would be good to know how long I have before the price goes up.

I think they are on hold

Pez

I like this thread.

Usually I do Blandford but that's not happening. Butternut doing a discount for Blandford refugees... 249 for the season pass which is really a good deal. Also thinking about the Berkshire East / Catamount pass.

Everything is so up in the air right now. I think I'm just going to hold tight for a while and see what happens.

Cobbold

Isn’t that a 299 pass (ragged Mtn)that have other mtns on it, a couple out west?

Cobbold

You think Berkshire East/catamount will buy blandford? Wonder if the mega passes and the new ownership of catamount is cutting into butternut skier visits?

JimG.

Staff member
My first deadline is 6/11 for the Killington 365 pass with the included Ikon base pass. Gonna sit back and wait to see what happens like I usually do anyway.

The deadline for my NYS 3 in 1 is 8/12.

Really glad I have time to sit back and see what happens. I would not want to have to put down big bucks for a pass and then have the season cancelled (which I do not think will happen) because like someone mentioned before good luck trying to claw back that money via refund. Just ask anyone who is currently trying to get an airline refund for cancelled flights. Even though the law in most places is that cancelled flight = refund.

Pez

"You think Berkshire East/catamount will buy blandford? Wonder if the mega passes and the new ownership of catamount is cutting into butternut skier visits? "

I don't know. Maybe in the future? I can't see them spending the money on it this year. With the economy in a tail spin it wouldn't seem very prudent.

I didn't ski butternut weekends this past year so it's hard to tell if catamount is cutting into butternut.

Killingtime

You think Berkshire East/catamount will buy blandford? Wonder if the mega passes and the new ownership of catamount is cutting into butternut skier visits?

I don't they will buy Blandford. They have pumped a lot of money into fixing up Catamount with the new lodge and all. Place looks great but there's still more work to be done. On top of that coming off of one of the strangest/worst seasons I can remember. I can't see them taking on another project. I just hope BE and Catamount are back on the Indy Pass next year. Had a blast at both of them.

Bumpsis

OK, got my answer, had to communicate with IKON to get it:
"Renewal discount ends, payment plan offer ends, and prices go up on April 22, 2020".

Edd

"Renewal discount ends, payment plan offer ends, and prices go up on April 22, 2020".

That sounds a bit aggressive, given the circumstances. I’d back the idea of extending these normal deadlines through May 31st, anyway.

cdskier

Interesting. That was the original deadline. Kind of odd that they removed all mention of that from their website though... If it is still the deadline, why make it harder to find?

Zermatt

I believe they told you that, but I call BS (they don't know). They haven't posted on facebook or instagram since March 15th. No emails, nothing. They're running around with their heads cut off and likely running at a fraction of pass sales compared to last season at this time.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just wondering who has purchased their season pass (or multi pass) for next season already?

If you have not, would you have purchased it by this point last season? Maybe not date specific, but by the first price increase date.

I have NOT purchased my Ikon Pass yet and last year I had already purchased my 19/20 passes by this date.

Honestly, I need more guidance from Ikon and their contingency plans....they have been absolutely silent. I already have the money set aside and it's not huge, but I still don't want to rip up $2,000 and toss it in the trash.

Also, if you buy a pass and you think they'll just refund the money if there is no season you are on a different planet. It doesn't work like that. Even if they explicitly say they will refund the money....it still doesn't work like that. Ski resorts can say whatever they want but when they file bankruptcy you are at the back of the line for getting your money back.

Very good question.

Normally, night ski season at Brighton would be winding down right now and they would be pitching renewals now. Alta/Snowbird would still be in full swing, but they would be starting the discussion. Snowbird last month did announce one pass product, but has not pushed the subject since closing. They also said that existing passholders would be getting something for their loyalty, especially during these uncertain times.

So no, we have not purchased yet. Mainly because they are not pushing, but also because, as I have discussed here, we just don't know what we are doing next year. My wife went to the darkside with IKON and only got three days on that pass. She's not the deciding factor. For all my recent bitching, I will probably just stay at Snowbird and just keep my Alta-Bird pass. :lol:

Bumpsis

I believe they told you that, but I call BS (they don't know). They haven't posted on instagram in over 3 weeks. No emails, nothing. They're running around with their heads cut off and likely running at a fraction of pass sales compared to last season at this time.
Quite possibly you are right. I'm sure that their sales must be down. Would you know what their price increases schedule was last year?

Off the top of my head I sort of recall that their first increase from the best (early purchase) price was in June?? I'm really not sure though.
If they would keep to the schedule, it may easier to make the purchase decision.

VTKilarney

Any ski area that has a deadline in April is going to regret it.

24% of Vermont's workforce is laid off right now. Vermont is a service economy state, but other states can't be a whole lot better.

medfordmike

Last two years had the Epic Local plus a Pico pass. I was leaning against Epic next year and with all that is going on will let it go. I did renew my Pico pass the last day they were open since I was skiing and had a feeling the season was ending and wanted to have something positive. It is not an expensive pass and while anything can happen if they decided to not open Pico due to awful economic circumstances than I am falling back on they would give access to Killington at pre June pass prices etc. I think that is unlikely. In September though if the season looks like a go I will pick up and Indy pass to pair with Pico.

prsboogie

I bought my 2 NE Epic passes and the 2 kids local passes the day after they went on sale. The kids were 49 down plus 17 for insurance but the NE pass didn't have the 49 dollar option. So I'm into them for 1400 with pass insurance. We will see what happens!

Sent from my SM-G975U using AlpineZone mobile app