• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

Zermatt

Just wondering who has purchased their season pass (or multi pass) for next season already?

If you have not, would you have purchased it by this point last season? Maybe not date specific, but by the first price increase date.

I have NOT purchased my Ikon Pass yet and last year I had already purchased my 19/20 passes by this date.

Honestly, I need more guidance from Ikon and their contingency plans....they have been absolutely silent. I already have the money set aside and it's not huge, but I still don't want to rip up $2,000 and toss it in the trash.

Also, if you buy a pass and you think they'll just refund the money if there is no season you are on a different planet. It doesn't work like that. Even if they explicitly say they will refund the money....it still doesn't work like that. Ski resorts can say whatever they want but when they file bankruptcy you are at the back of the line for getting your money back.

MikeDeJ

I have not bought my pass and usually buy around now. I had the Epic last year, Peak before that. My reasons are a few, currently an unemployed chef our banquet business could be up in the air for a while, so debating to just buy the Epic Northeast if funds get tight and I am not going to go west. Do just buy a Epic mid-week? that is when I mostly ski to save further? Also my wife wants a pass, first time ever so I have to throw that into the mix. Leaning for the Epic Northeast. No ski season really has not entered into the equation yet, but with that the Northeast pass does sound a little better in the worst case.

MikeD

VTKilarney

I have not purchased yet. I am in an industry that has been clobbered by the shutdown. My company had massive layoffs. The good news is that my job is safe. The bad news is that I took a pay cut. Burke has been run extremely well under receivership, but it’s very possible that nobody will want to purchase it - especially now.

I am taking a wait and see approach.

Smellytele

I have not and still thinking what to get. Ikon? Epic? Northeast Epic? Mountain Collective with an Indy pass? I am still working (Heathcare industry) as is my wife (State of NH) so at this moment income isn't an issue. I wanted to take a trip or 2 out west next season but not sure wtf is going to be happening by then. I am an optimist by still cautious about the whole situation.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have not purchased Epic Northeast yet. I normally would have by now.

The bigger spend I've held off on is a seasonal rental in Bartlett. I was just about to pull the trigger on that in early March, but saw things getting weird and decided to hold off. Now I'm taking a wait and see approach. With the rise of AirBnB and VRBO, the inventory of seasonal rentals has dropped and the prices have gone up. I'm curious to see if some owners switch back to the more conservative seasonal rental model for next year and perhaps the added inventory brings the prices down a bit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

tumbler

We bought our Ikons. Would normally buy now anyway

NYDB

As soon as magic passes go on sale I will be buying passes for the whole family as usual and 4 packs for a few nieces as soon as they are offered. Will buy the full Ikon Pass again but will wait until the day before the discount expires to purchase. Like others, I am afraid of not being able to go out west next year, so anticipating not getting full value out of them but I prefer to be an optometrist

Edd

Bought a Cranmore/BW Pass in early March. Will be buying an Epic Military once things clarify more.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

machski

We bought our Platinum New England passes before the resort shutdowns during the normal 5 day flash sale window. Always buy then to save a few bucks. Had I known they were extending that til the end of April, would have waited this year. Regardless, for now both our jobs are good and wife's should be good (teacher).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

asnowmobiler

Typically bought and payed for by now but I'm going to hold off for a while to see how this all plays out.
I was/am planning on Epic East and joining a Ski Club in Vermont.

MG Skier

I will buy my Magic pass when they go on sale. I am staying with the road less travelled and supporting the independent mountain that I love skiing! Lets hope at is a very snowy winter and all of the ski mountains can keep on keepin' on!

Tonyr

I bought the family Epic passes for next year about a week before everything shut down. I'm curious to see how much of a discount they'll give out now but either way I'm locked in.

Cobbold

Had the epic local for this year, got out west twice this year, was going to purchase the full epic, to ski in Italy, not sure going to Milan next winter is a smart move, waiting to see if vail sweetens the pot, anyone see the season pass prices for ragged Mtn? Waiting on the situation, full epic or local? If I was retired, I would have both ikon and epic.

jimk

My resort hasn't put them on sale yet, but they've posted some teaser info and I believe best prices will end by June 1. Will definitely get something by then, but need to review details when they come out.

Glad the overtly political stuff was terminated on AZ. It was therapeutic for a while, but then got tedious and divisive to the community. :thumbup:

drjeff

I'm holding off until they send out the email with "best pricing ends by such and such a date"

One has to think that with both the folks at EPIC and IKON/Alterra furloughed right now, and given the state of things, that nothing definitive with early pricing deadlines is going to happen in the immediate future

cdskier

I haven't yet, but unless Sugarbush extends the deadline to use the discount that was given to existing passholders towards next year's Ikon pass, then I'll be buying it in the next week or so. Some years I would have bought it by now, others I wouldn't have. It all depends on when the first price increase deadline is. I'm a bit of a procrastinator and usually wait until closer to the deadline.