Skiing is back! - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Skiing is back!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    I was supposed to be there last week, rt the week before. Can't remember at this point. Missed out on it about 10 years ago too. Anyway, unless it's a big snow year at the lower elevations, everybody has to download. Same deal with June.
    What is the download capacity on that double? Trying to think of a fixed grip I have downloaded, all I can come up with is Locke at 10%.

The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

I lived in Southern California for 10 years. I’ve skied Baldy many times I’ve also skied Kratka Ridge, Mount Waterman and all the areas up in big bear. Baldy is head and shoulders above anything in Southern California, it’s better than anything in Vermont. They have some great tree skiing. The only problem with Baldy is that it needs a lot of natural snow to open.

It was strange leaving my house in shorts, because its 70/80 degrees outside and then getting to baldy and putting on my ski clothing real fast in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by heiusa View Post
    I lived in Southern California for 10 years. Iíve skied Baldy many times Iíve also skied Kratka Ridge, Mount Waterman and all the areas up in big bear. Baldy is head and shoulders above anything in Southern California, itís better than anything in Vermont. They have some great tree skiing. The only problem with Baldy is that it needs a lot of natural snow to open.

It was strange leaving my house in shorts, because its 70/80 degrees outside and then getting to baldy and putting on my ski clothing real fast in the parking lot.
    yup...i went to whittier...always amazing riding in turnbull canyon and seeing all that snow right up there...looked like you could reach out and touch it. on the 3-4 really clear days after the rainy season, we could see out to catalina.

There's a few photos of Baldy from yesterday half way down this web link.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...72#post5964272
    Snowflakes matter

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Also limit it to people who live in the state that the ski area is in.
    With no posting on social media.

that place looks like it would be a lot of fun to ski
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Why?

Also limit it to people who live in the state that the ski area is in.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    If this is what skiing looks like next winter count me out.
    I'm inclined to think the same. It's a ways out though, so who knows what things will look like.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Riverveteran View Post
    Why?
    So people donít travel from one area to another and back. If killington opened then people from mass, ct, ny, nh and etc would be traveling to and from Vt which wouldnít be good at first.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

What about people from those areas with second homes at Killington?

So people don’t travel from one area to another and back. If killington opened then people from mass, ct, ny, nh and etc would be traveling to and from Vt which wouldn’t be good at first.

Thread Information