Skiing is back! - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Skiing is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    No but VT has electric signs at the border saying if you are coming to the state to stay you need to shelter in place for 2 weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    And technically, that is a suggestion - and a very good one if you have not already been in quarantine. But it does not have the power of the law. I've been sheltering at home for 6 weeks. Just crossing the NY/VT border doesn't negate that. Or put anyone at risk.

But I have no plans to cross that border until VT further loosens their guidance.

2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    And now those season passholders have a big advantage.

I can see a "stay in your state to ski" mandate for this coming season which I would not be happy about. Better to know now than in October. Might have to save on that K/Ikon pass for this season who knows what after that.
    Living Colorado I am ok with ski in your own state!

Before folks come out here realize that Salt Lake County is still on lockdown until at least May 15. Maybe longer. Of course if it reopens, and Snowbird decides to re-open, it is going to be a complete shit show.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Sings at the boarders state "urged" not required to quarantine.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Sings at the boarders state "urged" not required to quarantine.
    Sorry, REQUIRED in RI for all people coming from out of state, unless work related

https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/

Who must quarantine due to high risk for developing COVID-19?

"Any person coming to Rhode Island from another state for a non-work-related purpose for 14 days after arrival (public health, public safety, and healthcare workers are exempt).."
    Last edited by 2Planker; Apr 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Planker View Post
    Glad I have no interest in skiing Yawgoo Valley.......
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

This is mostly a marketing stunt and would not be economical at any area if you follow Mount Baldy’s practice.

Similar to how a golf course operates Mt Baldy will check-in a maximum of 4 individuals at 10 minute intervals.

So max of 24 people per hour will be checked in

Sorry, REQUIRED in RI for all people coming from out of state, unless work related

https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/

Who must quarantine due to high risk for developing COVID-19?

"Any person coming to Rhode Island from another state for a non-work-related purpose for 14 days after arrival (public health, public safety, and healthcare workers are exempt).."

I could be wrong but they can't stop you from going into a state and then back to your own state. I believe that is called taking away your liberties.
    If government continues this thru May. People will have cabin fever, they will go out anyway. There will be bigger and bigger protests against the government.
    If the government issued social distance from the Beginning and recommend US citizens to wear mask in high density areas, we wouldn't be in this situation we are currently in.

Yep, and if you show up on Block Island, RI by boat, it's 2 weeks mandatory ON YOUR BOAT! You won't be allowed to land/access for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    Yep, and if you show up on Block Island, RI by boat, it's 2 weeks mandatory ON YOUR BOAT! You won't be allowed to land/access for 2 weeks.
    Do you have to fly the Q flag?

Thread Information