• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing is back!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm willing to bet 99% of the early no mask dialogue was because hospitals didn't have enough PPE and it was the CDC realizing they needed to buy time for industry to catch up on supplies for those who truly need it. It was to stem consumer hoarding.

Lack of PPE was a serious problem in the early goings. It was the number one thing needed; not ventilators or pulseOX monitors. It's not normal for owners of football teams to charter planes to travel international to acquire PPE product for healthcare workers in their local communities.

The CDC aren't the wonks you think they are. Helluva a lot more brains in that outfit than you; who tirelessly tries to prove you're the smartest guy on the internet for the reward of more glorious self pats on your back.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I'm willing to bet 99% of the early no mask dialogue was because hospitals didn't have enough PPE and it was the CDC realizing they needed to buy time for industry to catch up on supplies for those who truly need it. It was to stem consumer hoarding.

This is, for the moment, a conspiracy theory parroted mostly on unreliable far-right places like Breitbart. Maybe it will end up being true, but there's no evidence of it at the moment, and if it is true the CDC has blood on its' hands.

What you're suggesting only makes sense if you only give this 2 seconds of thought. It doesn't make any logical mathematical sense if you really think about it because if you truly believe the R0 of COVID19 is > 2.0 as they claim they did it would be far more important to stop-the-spread than to ensure hospitals & people from sea-to-shining sea almost none of whom (literally) were dealing with serious pandemic spread, weren't all buying masks that were needed in the few hot spots.

If you genuinely believe you have a serious PPE shortage, and you genuinely believe you're dealing with a virus with R0 > 2.0, it makes absolutely no logical sense to not do the #1 most important thing you believe there is to stop the virus from spreading. The math doesn't work. So yeah, conspiracy theory until proven wrong.

The CDC aren't the wonks you think they are. Helluva a lot more brains in that outfit than you; who tirelessly tries to prove you're the smartest guy on the internet for the reward of more glorious self pats on your back.

Thanks. Been there several times. Interviewed & met with several higher ups over the years. Constantly had to follow everything they say because it may impact any of dozens of companies over the years. But I'm sure you know far more than I do, you who tirelessly tries to nastily insult people on the internet for the reward of more glorious........ uhhh... actually, come to think of it I dont know why you're always attacking posters on this website. You enjoy life I guess.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not an attack, just an observation of your consistent arrogance, tone deaf communication style and near daily reminders to everyone on this forum that you are smarter than everyone else on virtually all subjects.

And I haven't been the only to point this out to you.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Not an attack, just an observation of your consistent arrogance, tone deaf communication style and near daily reminders to everyone on this forum that you are smarter than everyone else on virtually all subjects.

Even if any or all of that were true, it's far better than having a complete & total lack of self-awareness.

ScottySkis

Even if any or all of that were true, it's far better than having a complete & total lack of self-awareness.

Listen to this advice please
U on here constantly thread of bashing people opinion is big reason to not come on here in more now with what going on in world around usaasss

BenedictGomez

Listen to this advice please
U on here constantly thread of bashing people opinion is big reason to not come on here in more now with what going on in world around usaasss

Yes, I realize you dont like the COVID19 talk; you've made that abundantly clear numerous times (probably > 6 or 7 times). Nothing is preventing you from simply ignoring those threads. Listen to this advice please.

ScottySkis

Yes, I realize you dont like the COVID19 talk; you've made that abundantly clear numerous times (probably > 6 or 7 times). Nothing is preventing you from simply ignoring those threads. Listen to this advice please.

Oh I due I don't come on AZ for this reason except for 2 threads that are not virus issues.
I talking about other people who might come to AZ for break from what happens in the world then see fucken bullshit from few regular posters who due it knows no 1 is going take notice because owner is not here to eliminate those people
I don't care about it I moved on to other ski forum with owner and posters are much more civil.
U use to post their years ago why u stop just curious
I not trying to get u back their?

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

BenedictGomez is one of the few opinions I respect here. Many of the posts show the complete hysteria that the lamestream media has created. If the media keeps perpetuating this hysteria how are ski areas going to re open? It's very relevant.
He is right about Japan and the masks, very obvious those with any critical thinking ability.

The Centers for Death Curation is another in the long list of captive agencies that serve Big Pharma. The party line has long been we must obey and cower in fear until a vaccine comes out. Does the CDC ever talk about boosting one's own immune system naturally? Never, they are a fraud.

Last edited:

Newpylong

You both sound like two peas in a pod on this topic.

There are so many Covid experts out there these days I am astonished there are enough workers for other trades.

BenedictGomez

U use to post their years ago why u stop just curious

I still do post there, only during ski season, only about Platty, Gore, or Whiteface. It's a more limited forum with less activity, and I frankly dont really care for the posting/editing mechanics of whatever engine drives that website, but that's just me.

BenedictGomez

When I was a 20s grunt on the trade floor, one of the grunt-like things I did was read through BLS employment data as soon as it came out. Today's employment data is not just the biggest miss in the history of that particular data ever (literally), it to my mind has to be the greatest miss in the history of any Wall Street economic data ever. EVER. It has been several hours now since it's release, and I am still absolutely, positively, stunned. I actually started watering up while reading it.

BenedictGomez

care to explain, in layman's terms please

Economists estimate was for today's jobs report to show another 8.5 Million Americans lost their job.

The unemployment data release this morning showed 2.5 Million Americans actually gained new jobs.

Nothing like that has ever happened before, and it shows what's being done to help the economy & workers is working better than anyone ever could have possibly imagined. It's tremendously positive for our nation & millions of suffering people. Hopefully this COVID19 malaise will be behind us sooner rather than later.

jimmywilson69

interesting...

How could they have missed the mark? I mean every day things are changing and evolving, but that's like an 11 million job swing

BenedictGomez

How could they have missed the mark? I mean every day things are changing and evolving, but that's like an 11 million job swing

If I knew that I'd be rich right now.

But were I to speculate, I'd suggest that whenever you're dealing with something that's never happened before, you tend to get your biggest forecasting errors as you have less prior evidence to lean on & increased variables to input. That IMO is likely what happened, though even that said this is absurdly dramatic. Clearly economists nationwide were far more negative about how things are going than is the reality.

machski

interesting...

Because the economic crisis right now is not rooted in economics, rather from government interventions for a medical viral outbreak crisis. As far as I'm concerned, the markets are not reacting as one might expect. The unemployment numbers do not jive with the filings for unemployment insurance as some of these recipients are back to work already as sectors open and some on unemployment now would have never been eligible pre-covid for unemployment anyway (and this probably would not be counted now as unemployed on the jobs report). This entire crisis from a financial/economic perspective is really totally new ground for economists and the market to digest and try to make sense of.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app