• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing is back!

machski

People are going to do as they are going to do now. The only thing anyone can do is self assess a situation if you go out and if you don't feel comfortable with it, get the hell out of dodge. My company's flying is rebounding and I've been to several states in the past month, Florida included. Everywhere I've ate has been done social distancing responsibly, inside or out. I'm sure some are not, we avoid those scenes. Personal responsibility is what it comes down to.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

tumbler

And now the VT health commissioner is telling VT residents not to travel out of state. If this is their recommendation for the residents there is no chance they will lift any restrictions of people to travel there beyond what they have done. Many businesses will fold and the population will rate will drop even faster than it is now. And the legislature cannot even pass an aid bill for the residents. What a mess.

VTKilarney

I'm willing to bet 99% of the early no mask dialogue was because hospitals didn't have enough PPE and it was the CDC realizing they needed to buy time for industry to catch up on supplies for those who truly need it. It was to stem consumer hoarding.

This is, for the moment, a conspiracy theory parroted mostly on unreliable far-right places like Breitbart. Maybe it will end up being true, but there's no evidence of it at the moment, and if it is true the CDC has blood on its' hands.

What you're suggesting only makes sense if you only give this 2 seconds of thought. It doesn't make any logical mathematical sense if you really think about it because if you truly believe the R0 of COVID19 is > 2.0 as they claim they did it would be far more important to stop-the-spread than to ensure hospitals & people from sea-to-shining sea almost none of whom (literally) were dealing with serious pandemic spread, weren't all buying masks that were needed in the few hot spots.

If you genuinely believe you have a serious PPE shortage, and you genuinely believe you're dealing with a virus with R0 > 2.0, it makes absolutely no logical sense to not do the #1 most important thing you believe there is to stop the virus from spreading. The math doesn't work. So yeah, conspiracy theory until proven wrong.

Hmm...

Fauci.jpg

VTKilarney

People are going to do as they are going to do now.

Agreed. And it is going to be because of one simple reason. The government tricked them. The government told people to lose their business and jobs and to stay home in order to flatten the curve. But when it was clear that the curve had been flattened the government moved the goalposts.

People got fooled once. They won't be fooled again.

Edd

Can’t imagine why the media would be “spreading panic” about a new disease with nearly 120k deaths in the US so far this year.

I work 12+ hour shifts wearing a mask. Masks aren’t new to me. I do pharmaceutical manufacturing and there are a number of tasks requiring masks for up to a few hours at a time. Nowadays, it’s masks all day. I don’t enjoy it. My site will be manufacturing components for a COVID vaccine in July, if all goes as planned (it rarely does, but these are strange times).

So, living in NH, when I see someone in a store not wearing a mask I’m annoyed, to put it mildly.

thebigo

Sununu released guidance on amusement parks today, may provide some insight into what next ski season will look like:

-25% capacity
-face coverings required
-ride capacity limited to allow 6' between parties
-temperature scans
-anyone that has traveled outside Maine, NH or Vermont within the last 14 days will not be admitted

Smellytele

Sununu released guidance on amusement parks today, may provide some insight into what next ski season will look like:

-25% capacity
-face coverings required
-ride capacity limited to allow 6' between parties
-temperature scans
-anyone that has traveled outside Maine, NH or Vermont within the last 14 days will not be admitted

The biggest amusement park Canobie lake park in NH is on the Mass border. 80% of the customers are from Mass so cutting them out could get them down to 20-25%.
The other large one, water country is the same situation.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
If I were a business owner, I'd want a scientific explanation behind the 25% capacity rules. Seems like a highly arbitrary number.

What added protection to the public does that provide? Im guessing no one can answer that.

I'm in no rush to hang out in a crowded nightclub again anytime soon, but I don't fault others for wanting to do that.

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

Pissed that Rammstein will probably not be playing at the Garden..Been waiting 5 years for them to come back...oh well..I guess I can blast them on the movie theater system and set everything on fire..it will be just like being there!

cdskier

Pissed that Rammstein will probably not be playing at the Garden..Been waiting 5 years for them to come back...oh well..I guess I can blast them on the movie theater system and set everything on fire..it will be just like being there!

When were they supposed to be at the Garden? I thought their 2020 US tour was a stadium tour?

Although it is funny you mention this as I've been watching quite a few of the Rammstein live videos on youtube lately (including a bunch from shows at MSG years ago)

kingslug

Sept 10..your right..its at Met life Stadium. I have tickets but will probably get a refund..sux. I missed them at Jones Beach..didn't know they were there but did see them twice at the Garden.

thebigo

Attitash and wildcat announced limited summer operations. Alpine slide only at Attitash and chair rides only at wildcat, no gondolas this year. Cannot imagine operations on this scale will be profitable maybe they are looking at it as a trial for the winter. Lengthy safety message appears canned from Vail: only ride chairs with people in your party, face masks required, no cash, to go food only, 6' spacing in lift lines, etc.

https://www.skiwildcat.com/summer-safety/

https://www.attitash.com/summer-safety/