YouTube? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube?

This is the approach I'm in favor of.

Hope they hire balanced "Checkers" not one sided.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ting-shutdowns

Hey Susan ( Ceo ) ....Now what ? You can't make this Shhh ....up.

Don't much care how content is controlled on YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook etc. Ultimately it's up to the owners of those businesses what is allowed and what isn't. Same as AZ.

As social media has grown, so has the amount of people who feel that they should be allowed to share their "content" wherever and however they please on free hosting sites. It just doesn't work that way. When their content is not supported, they cry censorship. Um no, you're free to set up your own hosting site to share whatever content you please.

The result of people being denied their ability to share certain content on popular platforms has been the rise of sites like 8chan being developed where anything goes. Well, it turns out such places aren't such a good idea as the cesspool created has influenced extremists and Walmarts in Texas and Mosques in New Zealand become mass murder sites.

End of the day, if you don't like how YouTube, Twitter, AZ or any other website is run, you're free to take your content or search out the content you want elsewhere. It's really that simple.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Don't much care how content is controlled on YouTube, Twitter, FaceBook etc. Ultimately it's up to the owners of those businesses what is allowed and what isn't. Same as AZ.

As social media has grown, so has the amount of people who feel that they should be allowed to share their "content" wherever and however they please on free hosting sites. It just doesn't work that way. When their content is not supported, they cry censorship. Um no, you're free to set up your own hosting site to share whatever content you please.

The result of people being denied their ability to share certain content on popular platforms has been the rise of sites like 8chan being developed where anything goes. Well, it turns out such places aren't such a good idea as the cesspool created has influenced extremists and Walmarts in Texas and Mosques in New Zealand become mass murder sites.

End of the day, if you don't like how YouTube, Twitter, AZ or any other website is run, you're free to take your content or search out the content you want elsewhere. It's really that simple.

I could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

Sadly I agree with you. At least AZ has had a consistent with policy . Mods have slapped our hands when things got contentious.

Youtube on the other hand has been moving the goal posts and retroactively pulling creators videos. They shrug their shoulders while overlooking those that they have a similar viewpoint politically ,some groups openly advocating violence against the other side ?. Some have invested years building businesses and literally overnight are done. If you're going to do stuff like that own it ,come out and say so rather than being ambiguous .

There's a lot of oddness behind the scenes on social media these days. Yes, private companies and they can control what they want. However, it seems the control is a bit inconsistent and at times politically motivated. I've heard YouTube is removing all health related content regarding COVID19 if it doesn't align with guidance from The W.H.O. That seems a bit strange given there's been a lot of fluctuation in guidance from many health organizations as of late.
    SoVT

Youtube is the first place I saw content devoted to males kicking each other in the balls.

That pretty much summed it up for me right off the bat.

My number one use for YouTube is live concert viewing. The fidelity isn't great compared to Blueray, but the options are endless.

#2 would be cartoons for the kids.

In terms of viewing hours this quarantine, #2 wins handedly. haha

Earlier in the year I received an message from them that they would start eliminating channels they felt weren't getting views . So far none of my subscriptions have been eliminated .

I've found a lot of musicians that I would have never hear of and bought some of their music . I have about 70 subscriptions I rarely watch TV anymore. Favorites "The history guy" , aviation related stuff,Mike Patey ,Tucker Gott , Stefan langer,Skiing of course . Since I'm now related to a Tai person I've been exploring some music.
    There are endless tutorials on anything under the sun you want to fix . If you're mechanically inclined and have some tools you can save a ton.

DH if the kids get bored grab some duct tape some crayons and a couple cardboard boxes . Good for hours of entertainment.

Thread Information