YouTube?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube?

YouTube?

From another thread... Goal is to stay Apolitical.
    “The general topic of censorship by a "private" company is fascinating (especially when it pertains to a company that is essentially a near-monopoly in a particular area and used widely by the general public). Should it be Youtube's responsibility to decide what information is shared on a topic like this? If people rely on youtube for news (scary in and of itself), then perhaps it does need to police this to a degree. For something like this particular case, I'd much prefer that Youtube simply flag the video with some sort of warning that the "advice in this video contradicts current global COVID-19 guidelines" or something like that.

I could see this topic having been a perfect one to be discussed in my "Ethics in IT" class back in college nearly 20 years ago. It would have been a fun discussion.”

CD’s Quote above.

YouTube has served as a fact checking tool , There’s a certain teenager who was savaged by the major news media for something they got horribly wrong , purposely? He was literally threatened by news casters. After a youtube post showing him innocent he’s now a millionaire.

YouTube is pushing major news co.’s over small content creators who pretty much built the platform. Simply posting a header
    “ Controversial subject” would be plenty. Censorship is going to destroy the venue. It may take time to build competition but that’s what will happen.

But I guess in the end money talks.

Can you supply a link to your example. I would like to research it before commenting on it, on YouTube of course! Seriously I do not know this story. Ty

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Absolutely love YouTube. The usefulness and amount of content is staggering.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Can you supply a link to your example. I would like to research it before commenting on it, on YouTube of course! Seriously I do not know this story. Ty

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    https://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...-report/page52

Started when I posted a video in the Thread, Youtube took it down for “Violation of guidelines “

Two Bakersfield Ca. Doctors dared go against the WHO

I've never really watched Tucker much before, but when I went to the home page of Youtube tonight, right there in the "Recommended" videos section at the top was his take on the Youtube censorship topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPrbGU0Wyh4

Good thread for this talk
    Thanks silicon bob

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I've never really watched Tucker much before, but when I went to the home page of Youtube tonight, right there in the "Recommended" videos section at the top was his take on the Youtube censorship topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPrbGU0Wyh4
    So YouTube censored these two doctor's opinion in a video by removing it and then made a conservative commentator's response to that censorship a recommended presentation that others should watch.

That's either unbelievably stupid or incredibly arrogant. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    So YouTube censored these two doctor's opinion in a video by removing it and then made a conservative commentator's response to that censorship a recommended presentation that others should watch.

That's either unbelievably stupid or incredibly arrogant. Or both.
    Hah! I didn't even think about it that way. Probably unintentional though on their part. The Youtube algorithm for "Recommended" videos simply saw that I watched part of the original video and recommended this one to me since it was "related".

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Hah! I didn't even think about it that way. Probably unintentional though on their part. The Youtube algorithm for "Recommended" videos simply saw that I watched part of the original video and recommended this one to me since it was "related".
    Which shows you how stupid machines are as well.

To be expected since machines are made by people.

Thread Information