• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

urungus

It's September, time to start thinking about passes. Anyone know why epic is not listing Mount Snow hunter or Okemo on their Northeast passes?
They're listed...but as holiday restricted.

For an additional $130, the Epic Local Pass includes unrestricted access to Mt Snow, Hunter, and Okemo. And also goes from 10 days at Stowe to unrestricted except holidays.

cdskier

For an additional $130, the Epic Local Pass includes unrestricted access to Mt Snow, Hunter, and Okemo. And also goes from 10 days at Stowe to unrestricted except holidays.

Yea...and I think that pricing and strategy makes sense. Giving away full access to all of Epic's northeastern resorts for the price of the Northeast "Value Pass" would have been insanely cheap. So essentially making a few of their more in-demand resorts "premium" and making you upgrade to the Epic Local if you want more unrestricted access makes sense.

BenedictGomez

This should be the main goal of EVERY ski area.

I think every ski area that doesn't sell eleventy-billion season passes to zillions of people who arent really season pass holders in the traditional sense of the word can probably operate that way. I see it as more of an EPIC & IKON problem.

mbedle

Vail / Epic have been unresponsive for either by phone or email... My brother and I put down the $50 in March to lock in the early rate however we both realized we have no use for the pass this year. Having no way to contact Epic I cancelled my credit card so they can't automatically charge me for the balance... Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem

Thats odd because the refunded all deposits for every pass holder. Are you should you didn't miss the return on a statement?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well except Loon is one of the very busiest and densely packed ski areas in the East with a four person gondola as the main lift out of the base area.

If there's any mountain in the East where I think reservations would be needed and fill quickly, it's Loon.

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Well except Loon is one of the very busiest and densely packed ski areas in the East with a four person gondola as the main lift out of the base area.

If there's any mountain in the East where I think reservations would be needed and fill quickly, it's Loon.

I bet that they're wishing that there was some sort of feasible way (both financially as well as installation logistically with a certain completion time frame) that the new Kanc 8 pack could of been good to go for this coming season to help get folks out of their, even with reduced seating on it, it would likely make a difference at some of the lines likely to be there this season...

skef

The Kanc doesn't go to the summit. What I hope they'll do is run the East Basin chair (much) more often than they usually do. It goes to the summit, and in open air... (And, hey, without the '8, the lines will be shorter!)

machski

I bet that they're wishing that there was some sort of feasible way (both financially as well as installation logistically with a certain completion time frame) that the new Kanc 8 pack could of been good to go for this coming season to help get folks out of their, even with reduced seating on it, it would likely make a difference at some of the lines likely to be there this season...
Wouldn't help by itself. If they flipped the old Kanc to Seven Bros, that may have helped. Still, increasing out of base seats still bottlenecks as there are only 2 upper mountain lifts on hill, a double and a HSQ. Loon cannot move folks around and spread them out very easily. The bed base has far outstripped the mountain's carrying capacity.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wouldn't help by itself. If they flipped the old Kanc to Seven Bros, that may have helped. Still, increasing out of base seats still bottlenecks as there are only 2 upper mountain lifts on hill, a double and a HSQ. Loon cannot move folks around and spread them out very easily. The bed base has far outstripped the mountain's carrying capacity.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
Agreed

There is considerable acreage between some of the trails on South Peak. They could probably add 3 or 4 more trails over there quite easily. That would be my plan there and bump up to a higher capacity chair. Move the HSQ over to replace the Gondola. Add bubbles if you really need the summer use flexibility.

asnowmobiler

I just received an email from Epic saying I have $119 credit toward any eligible pass. The strange part is, I never had one of their passes, so I don't know why I was given the credit.
After they posted their plan for this year, I decided told wait till next year to get an Epic pass, now I may just get it this year as I had planned.

Smellytele

I just received an email from Epic saying I have $119 credit toward any eligible pass. The strange part is, I never had one of their passes, so I don't know why I was given the credit.
After they posted their plan for this year, I decided told wait till next year to get an Epic pass, now I may just get it this year as I had planned.

Did you get a day ticket at any epic mtn? If so then you were eligible for a credit

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

asnowmobiler

Yep, one week before everything got shut down.
I never read into it much, thinking it was just for Season Pass holders. This is the first time they reached out to with this offer, glad I waited. Now get Epic or my local hill, it’s a tough choice right now.
Truth be said, the whole uncertainty has kept me from getting too excited about this season.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I stay the hell away from Loon on weekends virtually every season. They can do North of 400k skier visits on a good year and the terrain acreage is about half that of a Mt Snow or Okemo.

Edd

I almost never say this about any ski area but I’m pretty much done with Loon. I’ve had too many “meh” days there. A big part of that is due to Loon’s popularity but Mt. Snow is a better experience to me, and that is one popular mountain.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Smellytele

I just bought 3 indy passes. 1 for the wife, 1 for my 17 yo and one for me.
Noticed they were offering a 20 bucks option that if you didn't use a single day you would get your money back. I think their “The Get America Skiing Promise” gets rid of that and they should remove it. Also what ever they use for [FONT=proxima-nova, helvetica neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]eCommerce[/FONT] sucks as it is slow and locks up every time you click on something