Season Pass Options/Considerations - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I'm pleased as well.

Lately I've been pondering not buying the K 365 pass and just going the NYS 3 in 1 for the season.

Then I got my $150 voucher today towards a new pass and I like the insurance the 365 provides if there is a closure due to virus...
    if they are closed there is no monthly payment. So now this is a go.
    The 365 had become a no brainier with the inclusion of the ikon base pass with it.

It is highly unlikely.

I wonder how they would prioritize who got to ski if they did open up though. Locals only? Season passholders only? VT Residents only?
    I would guess it would be like Baldy, have to pre-reserve your time/ticket, even passholders (although they would just reserve a time and not have to buy a ticket).

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    The 365 had become a no brainier with the inclusion of the ikon base pass with it.
    Agreed, I was coming from the unique angle of the virus thing only.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Copper can as well, their system covers a lot more terrain than I thought. Very surprised. And Vail was in the midst of one of the largest if not largest Snowmaking expansions in the country prior to the virus hitting. Believe they want to add 600 acres of coverage to the several hundred they already had.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Copper has less that 400 acres which they rely on to ski teams to come for training before they open to the public.

Vial currently has 475 adding 600 would make theirs the one with most coverage for sure but they need it it sits lower and gets pretty firm during early season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Epic:
    Today we are sharing a comprehensive plan that provides you a special savings as a thank you for joining us last season and gives you the peace of mind and time you need during this current uncertainty:

• 1. If You Purchased a Lift Ticket During the 2019/20 Season:

We are extending our ‘Turn In Your Ticket’ program
    Apply the value of your lift ticket from last season, up to $150, toward an already amazing deal on our passes. If you want unlimited skiing and riding, an Epic Pass or Epic Local Pass provides saving of up to 65%. If you are looking to lock in 4-7 flexible days for next season, our Epic Day Pass provides up to 50% off lift ticket prices. Explore more at Epicpass.com.

Turn In Your Ticket credits historically had to be used by spring, but now you have until Labor Day to decide. You will receive an email outlining your lift ticket credit details and your promotion code in late May. If you purchase a pass prior to receiving your promotion code, we will retroactively provide the Turn In Your Ticket credit back to you. In the meantime, click here to see our FAQs about the Turn in Your Ticket Program
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

I'm pleased as well.

Lately I've been pondering not buying the K 365 pass and just going the NYS 3 in 1 for the season.

Then I got my $150 voucher today towards a new pass and I like the insurance the 365 provides if there is a closure due to virus...
    if they are closed there is no monthly payment. So now this is a go.
    My question for a possible scenario which hasn't been mentioned.... (And I messaged Killington on it).... what if Killington is able to open, but Vermont maintains a 14 day quarantine policy for anyone who comes in form out of state? For any of us coming form MA / NY etc, that would render the pass essentially not usable even if the mountain is able to open. What happens then? And would they allow us to freeze our passes under such circumstances?

(We had been fully planning on 365 passes this year for sure)

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    My question for a possible scenario which hasn't been mentioned.... (And I messaged Killington on it).... what if Killington is able to open, but Vermont maintains a 14 day quarantine policy for anyone who comes in form out of state? For any of us coming form MA / NY etc, that would render the pass essentially not usable even if the mountain is able to open. What happens then? And would they allow us to freeze our passes under such circumstances?

It's the middle of May. K would have been down to weekends only and nobody else would be open after this past weekend. Skiing is done for the season. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    It's the middle of May. K would have been down to weekends only and nobody else would be open after this past weekend. Skiing is done for the season. Time to move on.
    Are you familiar with the Killington 365 pass? Im' not talking about skiing this spring. Im talking about mt biking / golf / adventure center this summer and yes, even skiing next season.

That is a good question.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

In that scenario, would it even be viable from a financial perspective for K to open? A significant portion of their revenue (for skiing at least, perhaps not as much golf/mountain biking) comes from out of state visitors I would imagine. Some smaller local mountains in VT could potentially survive with VT skiers only, but I can't imagine that working out well for most of the larger resorts.

Thread Information