• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

abc

Vail over delivered with the credits in my eyes given the use we got.
No doubt there're some people who didn't feel they got compensated.

Those who didn't plan to buy a pass this season would have no use for the credit. Also, Ikon offer the option of no-question-asked deferral to 21/22 season, which makes some people feel the Vail offer isn't as good. I can understand that.

But, that has nothing to do with this season. Whatever happened last season is done. This season is a different season. I can't understand people who felt they're "robbed" last season have much ground to complain about this season.

KustyTheKlown

cool, good to know they are doing the spring pass this year. makes me feel less squirrely about burning ikon days at killington.

NYDB

Hmmm.I might be tempted to get that spring pass. I deferred my ikon this year so if it's looking good in a couple of weeks I might jump.. I think I've read someplace that superstar is on par with prior years at this point.

KustyTheKlown

you can also go ahead and reserve those march and april weekend days now with no cost or risk. by may i don't think there is demand to make parking an issue.

KustyTheKlown

sugarbush is unlimited but its far. i get 5 days at killington, which is closer to drive, and i almost always stay in rutland where its cheap, so I'm always near killington. but i tend to use it ~2 times early season when its the best conditions and most terrain, and then i tend to sit on the remaining days for April and May when its literally the only game in town. the option of having the spring pass makes me less opposed to burning mid-season prime days there. like now I'm considering using it this weekend because killington will have solid groom options that are more interesting than stratton, whether or not the snow falls.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Furthest I ever would day trip is 3 hrs each way, which puts Catskill in play for me in good weather. But usually I will ski 2 days and overnight Sat Nt there and only day trip from Central NJ to NEPA or Roundtop.

machski

you can also go ahead and reserve those march and april weekend days now with no cost or risk. by may i don't think there is demand to make parking an issue.
So based on this, I assume you don't hit K much in May?! Given it will just be the U-Bar base by then, who knows how they will treat late season parking #s. When they dropped the midweek parking reservations, they warned those might come back late season or with fowl weather if it constricted bases.

And I thought you could only pre-reserve like 7 days total. Anyway, just something to remind anyone thinking about the spring pass at K about. I won't be getting one as I won't have vaccine access by then and doubt VT will change its requirements for travel (in time to get the pass anyway and I wouldn't buy one without the state changing restrictions first). Plus, I've got the Ikon base add on to my NEP Platinum that is likely going to go unused this year in the event VT does change things.

KustyTheKlown

ya i know its just superstar come may, but it's always seemed to me that those days are pretty quiet, people have moved on to golf and biking and spring stuff

you can reserve 7 days week of, and 7 days in the future. so i just reserved every saturday in march and april just to hold. have magic sunday pass, and hoping they get deep into april.

skimagic

21-22 Bromley passes are out - $879 Adult Full, $495 Value (non peak 7 days), $289 Midweek Can ski now with purchase. Other perk is 1/2 off Jiminy midweek. Im thinking they may do well with the value passes for those wanting to escape the VAIL/IKON zoo.

Last edited: