Season Pass Options/Considerations - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 563
  1. #41
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    2,044
    Boyne dropped their enhanced NEP provisions for season guarentee/refunds/discounts today. Pretty legit:

    https://www.sundayriver.com/season-p...d-pass-promise



    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    In that scenario, would it even be viable from a financial perspective for K to open? A significant portion of their revenue (for skiing at least, perhaps not as much golf/mountain biking) comes from out of state visitors I would imagine. Some smaller local mountains in VT could potentially survive with VT skiers only, but I can't imagine that working out well for most of the larger resorts.
    I'm really not sure. I agree probably not for winter operations, but maybe for summer?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Boyne dropped their enhanced NEP provisions for season guarentee/refunds/discounts today. Pretty legit:

    https://www.sundayriver.com/season-p...d-pass-promise

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Is the 150 days a combined 150 of operation across the 3 resorts or are they guaranteeing that one resort will have 150 days of operation?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Is the 150 days a combined 150 of operation across the 3 resorts or are they guaranteeing that one resort will have 150 days of operation?
    As I read it, its a pass for three areas so it would need to be 150 days between them. Not each resort needs to operate 150 days.
    2019/20 = 23 Cut Short!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    As I read it, its a pass for three areas so it would need to be 150 days between them. Not each resort needs to operate 150 days.
    That is what I figured too

  6. #46
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,889
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    My question for a possible scenario which hasn't been mentioned.... (And I messaged Killington on it).... what if Killington is able to open, but Vermont maintains a 14 day quarantine policy for anyone who comes in form out of state? For any of us coming form MA / NY etc, that would render the pass essentially not usable even if the mountain is able to open. What happens then? And would they allow us to freeze our passes under such circumstances?

    (We had been fully planning on 365 passes this year for sure)
    I have the same concern. It is possible I will buy a NYS 3 in 1 only for next season if K cannot mitigate the risk you have brought up.

    I was stoked to buy the 365 as well but being a dreaded "flatlander" from NY makes me wonder if I should make that investment; it may not pay off for me.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I have the same concern. It is possible I will buy a NYS 3 in 1 only for next season if K cannot mitigate the risk you have brought up.

    I was stoked to buy the 365 as well but being a dreaded "flatlander" from NY makes me wonder if I should make that investment; it may not pay off for me.
    Isnt part of the phased reopening easing restrictions like that? Not to mention it was totally unenforceable. Vermont is allowing lodging reservations again starting June 15th, doesnt seem like something theyd do if they didnt want out of staters

  8. #48
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    That is what I figured too
    Yup, that is it. So SR opens early and goes 145 days, but SL opens a week later and goes the same 145 days then they would hit 152 and no credit for 21-22. I am assuming Loon wouldn't be the pusher on either end, but could be I suppose depending on State restrictions or actions next season.

    Still, for me this is great. I don't mind using the pass if they get open early before the put option deadline, since if they are forced to close up again virus wise, I'll get some skiing in and some credit towards 21-22 as well.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

  9. #49
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,889
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    Isnt part of the phased reopening easing restrictions like that? Not to mention it was totally unenforceable. Vermont is allowing lodging reservations again starting June 15th, doesnt seem like something theyd do if they didnt want out of staters
    The problem is all of these restrictions/relaxations seem random and vary from state to state.

    What would stop them from taking my hotel reservation but then telling me I can't ski? As ridiculous as that sounds if you told me 2 months ago I'd be forced to sit at home most of the time and wear a mask if I leave the house that would seem even more ridiculous!

    It's all so unpredictable and untrustworthy that I'm having difficulty making any commitments confidently and I don't do business without a certain level of confidence. So I may just hold on to my cash and ski NY only.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoast1 View Post
    Isnt part of the phased reopening easing restrictions like that? Not to mention it was totally unenforceable. Vermont is allowing lodging reservations again starting June 15th, doesnt seem like something theyd do if they didnt want out of staters
    I guess for now that is the plan, although I haven't seen anything officially announced... and even if they do away with the 14 day quarantine, who knows if it comes back or not? This thing could definitely come and go in waves.

    As to being enforceable or not, I'm not sure that "we are open, if you are from out of state disregard the 14 day protocol and come ski anyway" is a message that Killington can really put out there. Enforceable or not, if a 14 day quarantine is recommended for anyone coming in from out of state, there will be a large percentage of guests who would want to do the socially responsible thing and stick to guidelines.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:13 AM.