Season Pass Options/Considerations - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 563
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    The problem is all of these restrictions/relaxations seem random and vary from state to state.

    What would stop them from taking my hotel reservation but then telling me I can't ski? As ridiculous as that sounds if you told me 2 months ago I'd be forced to sit at home most of the time and wear a mask if I leave the house that would seem even more ridiculous!

    It's all so unpredictable and untrustworthy that I'm having difficulty making any commitments confidently and I don't do business without a certain level of confidence. So I may just hold on to my cash and ski NY only.
    I just hope NY 3 places have budget for snowmaking


  2. #52
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    I just hope NY 3 places have budget for snowmaking
    Well, if they don't maybe I'll take up ice fishing.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Well, if they don't maybe I'll take up ice fishing.
    Lol very true

  4. #54
    We had the same discussion about potential travel restrictions in our house over the weekend but for us it was epic local vs epic northeast. Original plan was to take the kids west for the first time but will save the money and plan local. Good thing about being an nh resident is that a family can easily get sufficient value in state. Actually a locals only season at wildcat would redefine epic but doubt it would be financially sustainable. Still deciding whether to tack on an ikon for myself and older daughter to cover early/late season plus her competitions, she was planning competitive moguls but not sure that will still happen.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  5. #55
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,480
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    We had the same discussion about potential travel restrictions in our house over the weekend but for us it was epic local vs epic northeast. Original plan was to take the kids west for the first time but will save the money and plan local. Good thing about being an nh resident is that a family can easily get sufficient value in state. Actually a locals only season at wildcat would redefine epic but doubt it would be financially sustainable. Still deciding whether to tack on an ikon for myself and older daughter to cover early/late season plus her competitions, she was planning competitive moguls but not sure that will still happen.
    We were going to go with epic local and head west for my youngest son’s senior February vaca but with the uncertainty we are now going with the Northeast epic as well.
    We now are looking at 2022 for the western trip. Not sure if all 3 boys will have the same break but we’ll figure that out later. We were only bringing the youngest for his senior trip but my oldest will be a college senior so it may work out.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    The problem is all of these restrictions/relaxations seem random and vary from state to state.

    What would stop them from taking my hotel reservation but then telling me I can't ski? As ridiculous as that sounds if you told me 2 months ago I'd be forced to sit at home most of the time and wear a mask if I leave the house that would seem even more ridiculous!

    It's all so unpredictable and untrustworthy that I'm having difficulty making any commitments confidently and I don't do business without a certain level of confidence. So I may just hold on to my cash and ski NY only.
    As soon as you cross a state line, the risk of some sort of pandemic restriction goes up by a lot. Also, Vermont has shown itself to very cautious about this pandemic. So it certainly seems safer to go with a Ski3. And you will retain the possibility of buying a Kmart spring pass next March.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Long Island / Killington
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Well, if they don't maybe I'll take up ice fishing.
    Ha! Yeah, this may be the year for me to forget about a pass product and start exploring some backcountry areas that you can hike into. Problem is the wife won't be digging that idea but if I sell it the right way there may be a chance. I'm still in wait and see mode as are most people, I think.

  8. #58
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,884
    Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    As soon as you cross a state line, the risk of some sort of pandemic restriction goes up by a lot. Also, Vermont has shown itself to very cautious about this pandemic. So it certainly seems safer to go with a Ski3. And you will retain the possibility of buying a Kmart spring pass next March.
    Safer except NY is as lockdown happy as VT. And with a multi-billion dollar deficit in the state budget because NY closed up shop who is to say there will be any money for snowmaking?

    You know, this might be the season I don't get any season passes.

    Time will tell I still have a few months to see what happens before I have to deal with deadlines.

  9. #59
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,089
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Safer except NY is as lockdown happy as VT. And with a multi-billion dollar deficit in the state budget because NY closed up shop who is to say there will be any money for snowmaking?

    You know, this might be the season I don't get any season passes.

    Time will tell I still have a few months to see what happens before I have to deal with deadlines.
    Resorts out here are still non-committal. At least the local resorts are (Brighton, Alta, Snowbird). No passes posted yet. I think there is legitimate concern that the season may not happen or would be shortened.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  10. #60
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Resorts out here are still non-committal. At least the local resorts are (Brighton, Alta, Snowbird). No passes posted yet. I think there is legitimate concern that the season may not happen or would be shortened.
    That's very interesting on Brighton especially. The East 3 Boyne resorts and Big Sky are all ending their pass sales on June 15th this year (may not offer them again later either). Brighton just says the savings dealine is July 6th this year but no pricing yet. Very interesting, wonder if the Cottonwood resorts are concerned access up the canyons will be limited this winter due to the virus.

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.