Season Pass Options/Considerations - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

https://www.indyskipass.com

THE REVOLUTION GROWS!
    Seven great new indies join 45 from last season giving you
    52 uncrowded and authentic winter playgrounds for just $199.

Cannon Mountain, NH
    China Peak, CA
    Crystal Mountain, MI
    Granite Peak, WI
    Lutsen Mountains, MN
    Sasquatch Mountain, BC
    Tamarack Resort, ID

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco DaSkia View Post

https://www.indyskipass.com

THE REVOLUTION GROWS!
    Seven great new indies join 45 from last season giving you
    52 uncrowded and authentic winter playgrounds for just $199.

Cannon Mountain, NH
    China Peak, CA
    Crystal Mountain, MI
    Granite Peak, WI
    Lutsen Mountains, MN
    Sasquatch Mountain, BC
    Tamarack Resort, ID
    Seems like a decent deal now in NE. I see six or so that I would ski. Bolton, Magic, Cannon are sure bets S6, Pats and Black and Abram are not mountains that I generally would visit but since they are on the pass I would do them. That becomes a decent price point for $199.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    That does surprise me. Im going Epic so I wasnt paying attention to Ikon. Epic raises in September I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ikon dangled a carrot that is like the pumpkin in the Cinderella story.

We are going to renew with our Epic Veteran Pass with 20% credit $447. No time pressure since we have until Labor Day.

Also going with A Basin Veteran Pass for $179 which includes 3 days at Monarch, three days at Taos and 1 day at Silverton plus 50% of Mountain Collective resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

It's been extended, but not by months. On May 20 Ikon sent an email saying, "Ikon Pass Savings Extended. Prices Go Up on June 17."

Nonetheless, I just renewed. I also exercised the 80% credit I had on an unused 4-day Epic Day Pass. I also unpacked the brand new snowshoes I ordered in early March when I had visions of earning some turns...

Looking forward now, not back.

You Are Receiving the New Zero-Day Credit

We are - and always will be - grateful for your support, feedback, and patronage. To honor the Ikon Pass community and express gratitude for pass holders, we are excited to offer several additional benefits to help ease the burden on those seeking adventure.

Now, any 19/20 Ikon Base Pass holder who used zero days between the time of purchase and June 30, 2020 will receive the new Zero-Day Credit for 20/21. Your current 19/20 unused Ikon Base Pass will automatically roll over to 20/21 and you will receive an Ikon Base Pass for 20/21 with no extra charge.

There is no action required from you at this time, we'll take care of it all. If you wish to upgrade your 20/21 Ikon Base Pass to an Ikon Base Pass Plus or an Ikon Pass, you will have the option to do so this fall.

More Confidence to Ride in 20/21

In addition to your Zero-Day Credit, your pass will include expanded Adventure Assurance.*

More Time to Defer Your Unused 20/21 Pass*
    For any reason, if you dont use your 20/21 Ikon Pass, you will have the option to defer the purchase price paid for your 19/20 Ikon Pass toward the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit no questions asked. Now, you can make this decision anytime between September 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021 (previously September 10 - December 10, 2020).

Added Assurance Due to Possible COVID-19 Closures*
    In addition, should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass.

Ski a little, ride a lot, or roll the purchase price of your unused pass over to 21/22. Discover what's been expanded.
    I could not use my IKON Base Pass pass because of back surgery that came up. I recovered my money as I also bought the pass insurance. Now it appears I am getting a free pass. Not sure its actually ethical to take it, but........

Quote Originally Posted by Dickc View Post
    I could not use my IKON Base Pass pass because of back surgery that came up. I recovered my money as I also bought the pass insurance. Now it appears I am getting a free pass. Not sure its actually ethical to take it, but........
    It's not just unethical, it is likely insurance fraud.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    I did not ask for it, and I'm not sure the insurance people know about it. For now, I'm just going to sit tight and see what happens. I did NOT send anything to IKON, and as of yet, had not renewed. Not really sure what is going on. I repeat, the email was unsolicited. Do I have a legal requirement to notify the insurance carrier, or would that fall to IKON?

Quote Originally Posted by Dickc View Post
    I did not ask for it, and I'm not sure the insurance people know about it. For now, I'm just going to sit tight and see what happens. I did NOT send anything to IKON, and as of yet, had not renewed. Not really sure what is going on. I repeat, the email was unsolicited. Do I have a legal requirement to notify the insurance carrier, or would that fall to IKON?
    If Ikon refunded you actual cash (credit card refund) you would likely have a legal requirement to return the money to the insurance company. Ikon is not going to talk to the insurance company though.

But....it is not a cash refund, it is credit for next season which has questionable value between $0 and the full pass price. Maybe you are never going to use it, in which case the value is $0.

Not sure what your obligations are, if any, and what I would do in your case.
    2017/2018

I'm a bit surprised Ikon didn't check with the insurance carrier first to see if anyone that fell in that "unused" category filed an insurance claim to get money back (unless there's some privacy laws/regulations that prevent the insurance carrier from sharing that info with Ikon).

On a related note, I received an e-mail from Ikon today as well. It stated they're expanding the terms of the Ikon Adventure Assurance program. So basically I got the 2nd half of the e-mail that Dick posted.

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    Billo works for an insurance company?

Most people think of insurance companies as bandits, so any opportunity to wring back a few bucks is a good thing. Personally, I would keep my mouth shut and see if I could get a free pass. If caught, I would throw up my hands and say "I'm sorry, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong".

Sorry for the amorality...

Thread Information