• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

cdskier

T minus 20 days until the Killington 365 pass goes off the market and other Killington products go up in price.

Keeping an eye on it, but without something in their pass holders promise about possible future quarantines we are thinking we are going to "pass" on the 365 pass. Bummer as we had really been psyched about it.

I saw K announced that they added COVID interruption protection to their passes including the Beast 365 pass. Although it only seems to apply if K itself is forced to close. Doesn't really address the issue if K is technically open but you aren't allowed to travel to VT or something like that. Then again, I'm not so sure if anybody has truly addressed that specific point. Most of the major ski resorts are so dependent on out of state visitors that I can't really see it being viable to be open if those people weren't allowed into VT without quarantining.

Smellytele

I saw K announced that they added COVID interruption protection to their passes including the Beast 365 pass. Although it only seems to apply if K itself is forced to close. Doesn't really address the issue if K is technically open but you aren't allowed to travel to VT or something like that. Then again, I'm not so sure if anybody has truly addressed that specific point. Most of the major ski resorts are so dependent on out of state visitors that I can't really see it being viable to be open if those people weren't allowed into VT without quarantining.

Well a lot of things are opening in some states to just their residents. It is the first step to test their procedures then I guess if they pass all the checkpoints then they will open to others. They could do that with ski areas also.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

JimG.

Staff member
T minus 20 days until the Killington 365 pass goes off the market and other Killington products go up in price.

Keeping an eye on it, but without something in their pass holders promise about possible future quarantines we are thinking we are going to "pass" on the 365 pass. Bummer as we had really been psyched about it.

As of now we are still thinking simply doing Pico passes which is the lowest cost / risk option if things regress next winter. We can add on a few K tickets or a spring pass to supplment if needed and the price difference between the 365 for the family and Pico passes for the family leaves a lot of extra money we can use "A-La-Carte" if needed.

I'm set on getting a K midweek pass. Pretty cheap for me with the voucher I got from last season. I was going to go for the 365 but it's not a wise investment this season especially for a NYer.

Still debating over an epic pass of some sort or now considering a Plattekill season pass. It really fits the K midweek pass well.

machski

Well a lot of things are opening in some states to just their residents. It is the first step to test their procedures then I guess if they pass all the checkpoints then they will open to others. They could do that with ski areas also.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
And yet a lot of states (NJ/NY/CT) are putting in new quarantine restrictions from the new batch of heavy case states. And in NY/NJ, they plan to enforce those quarantines with fines/jail for breaking them (CT is an honesty policy to start anyway). So what you stated is not a guarantee of anything come later this year Smelly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Latest information on orda season pass considering
What happened not skiing this season

'More ORDA:

100% SKI3 ASSURANCE

Purchase your season pass with confidence! We are looking forward to a great season at our mountains, but if there are any unexpected situations where you need flexibility, simply request your SKI3 Assurance. You can exchange your 2020-2021 season pass for a 100% purchase credit for any reason through December 1, 2020.

Information about the SKI3 Assurance Credit:

You'll receive a 100% purchase credit for your 2020-2021 season pass on a Snow Guarantee Card
It is valid from date of issue through Closing Day, Spring 2022
Can be used to purchase season passes, lift tickets, lessons, and rentals
Can be used online or in person at Gore, Whiteface, or Belleayre

JimG.

Staff member
Got my Killington midweek pass yesterday. $450 all said and done.

ORDA finally woke up and threw skiers a bone with the voucher promise for 21-22 if you decide to opt out before 12/10. I'm guessing that means sales are way off.

boston_e

Got my Killington midweek pass yesterday. $450 all said and done.

We did Killington passes as well for the family yesterday. The "no questions asked" refund before Nov 20th helped move me into the "buy" column. If Corona is spiking again in November and there are still quarantine restrictions etc in place, I'll evaluate before that deadline.

bizarrefaith

Contrary to expectations, haven't seen any increase in seasonal rental inventory in New Hampshire. We're proceeding cautiously -- booking a rental but insisting on a COVID clause. Given the current trajectory, I feel like mountains will probably be open in some fashion but pretty skeptical the kids programs are going to run and/or that we'll be able to travel from out of state every weekend.

Jcb890

Given the changes (or lack thereof) when it comes to COVID, EPIC's 'pass protection' is a complete joke. They are expecting people to pay full price for a pass that you are almost assuredly not going to be able to use for unlimited access/tickets. They are also NOT using the same guidelines as IKON where you can carry over your pass to '21/'22 season for ANY reason.

IMO, anything less than this is a complete cop out and BS pass protection. EPIC is essentially telling it's customers that they are not willing to offer any protection outside of resorts shutting down again and at least a part of the season being lost, like last year.

How is that all they are offering? We still have no idea how they (or any other resorts) plan to handle day-to-day operations. Anyone who skis/rides regularly in New England knows damn well that none of the resorts around here can operate normally on weekends.

Even if people want to argue the mountain's capacity and that it 'rarely' is 50% or more based on some numbers. If that's the case, then these numbers are screwed up because these places are seemingly way over 50% on most weekends. Or, if that is 'truly' 50%, then I never want to see what 75% or 90% looks like. What do you do at that point? Walk around on the mountain holding your skis or board so you don't run into one another? Every single weekend during the 'regular' ski season every place is packed with long lift lines. Are they going to be running 6' spacing in the lift line and have people lined up into the parking lots? Can you imagine the line for the Bluebird on a typical Saturday/Sunday at Mt. Snow? 6' spacing and you've got people lined up across the entire base of the mountain essentially.

And yet EPIC wants me to shell out my money for a pass? Crazy.

At least for those of us with credits from last year, I believe 9/1 or 9/7 is the date the credit must be used. It might give us a bit more insight into plans for the upcoming season. However, that will probably still be too early for real plans to be laid out or for pass holders to have an actual idea of the product they'll be receiving.

thebigo

Given the changes (or lack thereof) when it comes to COVID, EPIC's 'pass protection' is a complete joke. They are expecting people to pay full price for a pass that you are almost assuredly not going to be able to use for unlimited access/tickets. They are also NOT using the same guidelines as IKON where you can carry over your pass to '21/'22 season for ANY reason.

IMO, anything less than this is a complete cop out and BS pass protection. EPIC is essentially telling it's customers that they are not willing to offer any protection outside of resorts shutting down again and at least a part of the season being lost, like last year.

How is that all they are offering? We still have no idea how they (or any other resorts) plan to handle day-to-day operations. Anyone who skis/rides regularly in New England knows damn well that none of the resorts around here can operate normally on weekends.

Even if people want to argue the mountain's capacity and that it 'rarely' is 50% or more based on some numbers. If that's the case, then these numbers are screwed up because these places are seemingly way over 50% on most weekends. Or, if that is 'truly' 50%, then I never want to see what 75% or 90% looks like. What do you do at that point? Walk around on the mountain holding your skis or board so you don't run into one another? Every single weekend during the 'regular' ski season every place is packed with long lift lines. Are they going to be running 6' spacing in the lift line and have people lined up into the parking lots? Can you imagine the line for the Bluebird on a typical Saturday/Sunday at Mt. Snow? 6' spacing and you've got people lined up across the entire base of the mountain essentially.

And yet EPIC wants me to shell out my money for a pass? Crazy.

At least for those of us with credits from last year, I believe 9/1 or 9/7 is the date the credit must be used. It might give us a bit more insight into plans for the upcoming season. However, that will probably still be too early for real plans to be laid out or for pass holders to have an actual idea of the product they'll be receiving.

If I was primarily a weekend skier living in Southern New England I would not buy a pass. As a midweek skier living in NH, I cannot imagine a scenario where I fail to get reasonable value out of an Epic northeast pass. With the notable exception of the bar, I doubt I am within 6' of anyone 99% of the time midweek. My primary concern is that school goes to half days and I have to be home to get the kids off the bus everyday at noon. Guess the result of half day school would be significantly more afternoons at the crotch and minimal first chairs a the cat.

Anyone know when the epic price goes up or the credits expire?

Killingtime

50 Shades of Jay :-D

I Just don't see how it takes millions of dollars to run a website

I used to do accounting work for an online marketing company. Their biggest monthly cost was driving traffic through search engines and social media and not the actual cost of running the website. I would bet Liftopia spends a fair amount with Google, Yahoo, etc. I hope it's not a Jay Peak situation as others have suggested and the money got siphoned off to pay for elaborate lifestyles. I've seen a lot of that too unfortunately. Private Jet shares, exotic cars, condos, boats. All the while the vendors and creditors get hosed. Either way this will be entertaining. I have my popcorn ready.

thebigo

Just bought our Epic Passes, called their customer service when I could not find an <5 pass. Waited the standard 20 minutes to be informed they do not offer a kids pass. I was told to visit the ticket desk upon arrival, some mountains would give a free day pass, some would give a free ticket valid only at that mountain for the year. How does it make any sense to force families to stand in a ticket line during the middle for a pandemic? She made a big deal out of the tickets being free, I would have gladly paid the $60 Peak charged for a pass just to avoid the line.

machski

Just bought our Epic Passes, called their customer service when I could not find an <5 pass. Waited the standard 20 minutes to be informed they do not offer a kids pass. I was told to visit the ticket desk upon arrival, some mountains would give a free day pass, some would give a free ticket valid only at that mountain for the year. How does it make any sense to force families to stand in a ticket line during the middle for a pandemic? She made a big deal out of the tickets being free, I would have gladly paid the $60 Peak charged for a pass just to avoid the line.
The other problem one could run into with this type of policy this winter is the rest of the family can ski on the season pass that day but your grommet gets shut out due to ticket sales being capped. Lovely.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

mbedle

Interesting since the site says: Yes, kids 4 and under receive free lift access with the 4 and Under Epic Pass. The 4 and Under Epic Pass is available starting Labor Day Weekend prior to the ski season. To be eligible for this pass, the child must be 4 years old or under at time of purchase. If the child turns 5 after Labor Day through the ski season, they are still eligible for this pass. To receive this pass, you must redeem at any Vail Resorts owned-and-operated ticket window. The child must be accompanied by an adult on-mountain at all times.

Please contact the Season Pass Call Center at (970) 754-0005 or email comments@vailresorts.com to have a 4 and Under Epic Pass shipped to you. To receive same-day lift access, please visit a ticket window.