Season Pass Options/Considerations - Page 55

AlpineZone

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 563
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    We will all see how this plays out for epic.

    Telling season passholders they need to make reservations opens up a whole litany of possible legal challenges that I'm sure many wealthy skiers have nothing better to do than pursue against epic.

    So now we can all see just how important season passholders really are.
    As a public company, Vail / Epic reports to their investors, below is their latest quarterly and year end report.
    http://investors.vailresorts.com/new...-and-full-year

    Lines may be a little longer at their resorts as it includes this:
    Season pass sales through September 18, 2020 for the upcoming 2020/2021 North American ski season increased approximately 18% in units and decreased approximately 4% in sales dollars as compared to the period in the prior year through September 20, 2019, with sales dollars for this year reduced by the value of the redeemed credits provided to 2019/2020 North American pass holders. Without deducting for the value of the redeemed credits, sales dollars increased approximately 24% compared to the prior year.


    Ski Season is too short

  2. #542
    Is that 18% more epic passes sold summer of 2020 than epic passes sold summer 2019

    Or

    18% more epic passes sold summer 2020 than epic and peak passes sold summer 2019?
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Is that 18% more epic passes sold summer of 2020 than epic passes sold summer 2019

    Or

    18% more epic passes sold summer 2020 than epic and peak passes sold summer 2019?
    The first one...they're only comparing Epic pass sales to Epic pass sales. So the number automatically had some built in increases due to Peaks people having no other choice this year if they want a pass.

    Someone said it once before, but it is so hard to compare Epic's performance year to year because every year they have another acquisition that blurs the numbers. So measuring whether there is any true growth is rather difficult.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Monkey View Post
    As a public company, Vail / Epic reports to their investors, below is their latest quarterly and year end report.
    http://investors.vailresorts.com/new...-and-full-year

    Lines may be a little longer at their resorts as it includes this:
    Season pass sales through September 18, 2020 for the upcoming 2020/2021 North American ski season increased approximately 18% in units and decreased approximately 4% in sales dollars as compared to the period in the prior year through September 20, 2019, with sales dollars for this year reduced by the value of the redeemed credits provided to 2019/2020 North American pass holders. Without deducting for the value of the redeemed credits, sales dollars increased approximately 24% compared to the prior year.


    Here's some additional important details:
    Through September 18 we have sold a total of approximately 850,000 passes for the upcoming North American season, which compares to approximately 1,140,000 total passes sold for the North American season last year through December 2, 2019.
    As we enter the final period for season pass sales, we expect unit sales from September 19, 2020 through our December 2020 deadline will be lower than unit sales in the comparable period last year, and we expect our total unit sales will finish at or around last year's sales, setting a very strong foundation of pass holders to drive revenue in the upcoming season. The decline in growth rate for the final period of sales is expected to be primarily driven by the pull forward of renewals to our September 17, 2020 deadline, given the expiration of the renewal credits and potential declines in new pass holders, given the continued uncertainty related to COVID-19 and its impact on the travel market.

  5. #545

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    Is that 18% more epic passes sold summer of 2020 than epic passes sold summer 2019

    Or

    18% more epic passes sold summer 2020 than epic and peak passes sold summer 2019?
    Anybody have any rough idea how many Peak passes sold in 2019?

    That would give us some idea of how FEWER passes epic passes sold overall. And an indirect gauge of how easy to get reservation on the "week of".

    (I sent them an email with a question last week, got an automated reply that they're behind in answering emails, and my renewal credit will be preserved till my email got to the front of the queue. So I'm now in an enviable position of having the luxury of delaying my Epic pass renewal decision a couple extra weeks )
    Last edited by abc; Sep 25, 2020 at 10:50 AM.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Someone said it once before, but it is so hard to compare Epic's performance year to year because every year they have another acquisition that blurs the numbers. So measuring whether there is any true growth is rather difficult.
    This is a feature, not a bug.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Anybody have any rough idea how many Peak passes sold in 2019?

    That would give us some idea of how FEWER passes epic passes sold overall. And an indirect gauge of how easy to get reservation on the "week of".

    (I sent them an email with a question last week, got an automated reply that they're behind in answering emails, and my renewal credit will be preserved till my email got to the front of the queue. So I'm now in an enviable position of having the luxury of delaying my Epic pass renewal decision a couple extra weeks )
    Skier visits are probably a good metric for measuring, the 10k lists skier visits, skier visits at vail resorts keeps growing except for this year due to the shutdown
    , 2020 would probably be greater than 2019 if no shutdown, 2019/2020 had 1,114,000 total passes sold, which includes military, peak passes, and maybe even employee passes,



    2020 had 13483 skier visits, 2019 had 14998 skier visits, 2018 12345 skier visits, 2017 had 12047 skier visits, 2016 had 10032 skier vists


    Using everyone’s figure of 20 percent season loss for shutting down , equals 16179 for skier visits if no shutdown for 2020.
    Last edited by Cobbold; Sep 25, 2020 at 3:34 PM.

  8. #548

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbold View Post
    Skier visits are probably a good metric for measuring, the 10k lists skier visits, skier visits at vail resorts keeps growing except for this year due to the shutdown
    , 2020 would probably be greater than 2019 if no shutdown, 2019/2020 had 1,114,000 total passes sold, which includes military, peak passes, and maybe even employee passes,



    2020 had 13483 skier visits, 2019 had 14998 skier visits, 2018 12345 skier visits, 2017 had 12047 skier visits, 2016 had 10032 skier vists


    Using everyone’s figure of 20 percent season loss for shutting down , equals 16179 for skier visits if no shutdown for 2020.
    Huh?

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Huh?
    Never mind, too tired to repost, but I left out some key points, sorry about not reading what I wrote before I posted

  10. #550

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,764
    So, if using skier visitation number, Vail acquisition of Peak portfolios adds approximately 20% increase volume?



    I’m a little surprised by that number. I would have thought it’s bigger, with 18 mountains in a densely populated region.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.