• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

mikec142

since apparently the hotels are required to check where folks are traveling in from to make sure it's OK for them to stay.

Can you explain more about this? I live in a NJ town that hasn't had a case in several weeks, but the county certainly has. If I can't travel to VT and stay in a hotel or airbnb, I might as well hang up the skis for the season.

cdskier

Can you explain more about this? I live in a NJ town that hasn't had a case in several weeks, but the county certainly has. If I can't travel to VT and stay in a hotel or airbnb, I might as well hang up the skis for the season.

https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel

VT updates the map every Friday with which counties are "safe". Right now NJ only has 1 green county (seems to flip flop between Warren and Sussex every couple weeks). If you live in a green county, it is safe to travel to VT with no further restrictions related to quarantine. If you don't live in a green county and still want to go to VT, then you need to quarantine at home for 14 days before traveling to VT or quarantine for 7 days at home and then have a negative covid test.

jaytrem

You should probably change your plans to NH or NY. It doesn't take much to make the VT naughty list.

drjeff

Aren't the Yellow and Red restrictions the same? We were Green for a bit, but now back to Yellow.

Yup, seems that way now. If I recall, and I may be 100% wrong on this, yellow used to be where you could quarantine in your home state for 7 days and then with a negative test before going to VT without restrictions, and red was a straight up 14 day quarantine upon arrival. Now it sure appears that either option is acceptable.

p_levert

My Ikon pass isn't so great in NY and NH is pretty far from me. This could be ugly.

Indy Pass!

What remains to be seen is how this will play out with daytrippers. Killington is full of those.

jaytrem

My Ikon pass isn't so great in NY and NH is pretty far from me. This could be ugly.

Is it possible to cancel or defer? If so I'd wait til the last minute to make a decision.

I guess I'll be buying the Epic. At least I'd have Hunter and some PA stuff if VT doesn't work.

cdskier

Is it possible to cancel or defer? If so I'd wait til the last minute to make a decision.

I guess I'll be buying the Epic. At least I'd have Hunter and some PA stuff if VT doesn't work.

As long as you don't use Ikon, you can pretty much wait as long as you want to choose to defer (they're giving you until April 11th to decide).

BenedictGomez

I live in a yellow county that has fewer COVID19 cases than some Vermont counties.

But I dont think Vermont is restricting those Vermonters who live in what would be numerically yellow counties from going to other Vermont counties for leisure.

skimagic

It's September, time to start thinking about passes. Anyone know why epic is not listing Mount Snow hunter or Okemo on their Northeast passes?

cdskier

It's September, time to start thinking about passes. Anyone know why epic is not listing Mount Snow hunter or Okemo on their Northeast passes?

They're listed...but as holiday restricted.

sull1102

Indy Pass!

What remains to be seen is how this will play out with daytrippers. Killington is full of those.

After moving back home to the Boston area before last season I've become a K day tripper, but this season I'll be spending my money in NH in all likelihood. Besides the whole pretend 14-day quarantine thing(willing to bet that the vast majority of people going up have some workaround or story ready to go if questioned), there's the attitude from everyone up there that seems to be solely based on the license plate on your car. NH seems to have almost none of that going on. I know I am far from alone amongst my friends and work colleagues that day trip midweek for most of the season.

zyk

Vail / Epic have been unresponsive for either by phone or email... My brother and I put down the $50 in March to lock in the early rate however we both realized we have no use for the pass this year. Having no way to contact Epic I cancelled my credit card so they can't automatically charge me for the balance... Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem

steve22

Loon announced two new pass products today after having suspended pass sales earlier in this pandemic.

https://www.loonmtn.com/season-passes?

I already have a LTD pass so I am encouraged to see the note about their goal to not require reservations for pass holders.