• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

For me the K 365 with the included IKON Base was a no brainier.
Golf, Bike & ski plus IKON

boston_e

For me the K 365 with the included IKON Base was a no brainier.
Golf, Bike & ski plus IKON

It is a great deal. Would have done this for the whole family had it not been for COVID and everything that comes with it (travel restrictions etc etc.) Next year hopefully.

njdiver85

Epic may be waivering on the full reservation system for the entire season....

The man should do more than waiver. He should be apologizing profusely and fixing this. It's quite easy - give more priority reservations to passholders. Seven is simply NOT enough if you are planning three big ski trips and want to have a guarantee when you book your flights, hotels, etc that you will be able to ski. Katz gave the middle finger to every single passholder with his 7 priority days BS.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Epic may be waivering on the full reservation system for the entire season....

https://snowbrains.com/vail-resorts-lift-reservations-system-if-unnecessary/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

It's not needed at 90% of their properties on 90% of operating days. Keep it in place for Mount Snow, Vail, Breck, etc on mid-season weekends. And passholders should be able to reserve anytime.

What they implemented was just gargantuan overkill. Not saying it isn't needed in certain scenerios...but making a reservation to ski on a Thursday at Wildcat in early December? Give me a f***ing break...

thebigo

It's not needed at 90% of their properties on 90% of operating days. Keep it in place for Mount Snow, Vail, Breck, etc on mid-season weekends. And passholders should be able to reserve anytime.

What they implemented was just gargantuan overkill. Not saying it isn't needed in certain scenerios...but making a reservation to ski on a Thursday at Wildcat in early December? Give me a f***ing break...

Assuming the interface is functional, I dont care about making a reservation for a thursday in december. I somehow find time to read az everyday, think I will be able to log on to make a reservation. It would be nice to get some guidance on kids programs and how often they anticipate mountains to hit capacity. They have the capacity numbers but instead give us 'vast majority', not terribly helpful when trying to determine whether to buy alternate passes for saturdays and holidays.

Also surprised to see the prices only increase $20? Is that typical? Just saw first ever epic pass add on history channel that I can remember.

Pez

Berkshire East pass is also good at Catamount and Bosquet (so you would have 3 places in Massachusetts to ski), and also allows you to purchase the Indy Pass “add on” for only $129

Ya, I think that will be my plan next year.

dlague

cdskier

I feel like I read that exact quote from Katz in some interview right around the same time as the announcement of reservations being required came out. So I really don't think this is them "wavering" and think this is actually what they said all along. It is just Snowbrains picking up on it now...

JimG.

Staff member
We will all see how this plays out for epic.

Telling season passholders they need to make reservations opens up a whole litany of possible legal challenges that I'm sure many wealthy skiers have nothing better to do than pursue against epic.

So now we can all see just how important season passholders really are.

chuckstah

We will all see how this plays out for epic.

Telling season passholders they need to make reservations opens up a whole litany of possible legal challenges that I'm sure many wealthy skiers have nothing better to do than pursue against epic.

So now we can all see just how important season passholders really are.
When purchasing the Epic pass near the deadline and using a credit, you had to agree to terms including no further compensation other than the credit, and also agree to the reservation system. I don't know how that would hold up in court, or how it would work for those who bought early, before the reservation announcement. I downgraded to a midweek this season, do it shouldn't be an issue for me, except finding time to ski. I'll use my priority days for all the midweek holidays.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

When purchasing the Epic pass near the deadline and using a credit, you had to agree to terms including no further compensation other than the credit, and also agree to the reservation system. I don't know how that would hold up in court, or how it would work for those who bought early, before the reservation announcement.

In their announcement about the reservations, they specifically said that you could cancel your pass if you bought it prior to that and no longer like the new terms/conditions. So I don't know that there's much someone could argue if they chose not to cancel.

Zand

MA is finally coming off the Maine quarantine list (even though our rates have been going up in the past couple weeks so that only further proves it was nothing more than a political pissing contest) so Sunday River and Sugarloaf should be good.

I have to imagine Vermont will loosen up soon, although they probably have the greatest chance of reimplementing their restrictions midseason if shit hits the fan.

drjeff

MA is finally coming off the Maine quarantine list (even though our rates have been going up in the past couple weeks so that only further proves it was nothing more than a political pissing contest) so Sunday River and Sugarloaf should be good.

I have to imagine Vermont will loosen up soon, although they probably have the greatest chance of reimplementing their restrictions midseason if shit hits the fan.

I will be curious to see if VT loosens up its restriction for Columbus Day Weekend leaf tourism, or keeps it as is until after that with ski/snowmobile (lets not forget the economic boost that snowmobilers also give VT) in mind?

mikec142

I hope that VT loosens up. My previous check on the VT travel map had my county at 522/million and decreasing. Today's map has us at 677/million for a 27% increase. :(

2planks2coasts

I hope that VT loosens up. My previous check on the VT travel map had my county at 522/million and decreasing. Today's map has us at 677/million for a 27% increase. :(

I would be very surprised if VT loosens up anything before a vaccine is available. The one thing they might do is allow a rapid test exemption. Hit the Urgent care before heading up for the weekend.

BenedictGomez

The way Vermont boxed themselves in with this arbitrary <400 per M thing is really going to bite them in the azz.

Keep it = destroy your state's total economy

Lose it
= everyone knows you're a total fraud

cdskier

The way Vermont boxed themselves in with this arbitrary <400 per M thing is really going to bite them in the azz.

Keep it = destroy your state's total economy

Lose it
= everyone knows you're a total fraud

I could see them keeping the <400 per million number but just adjusting their formula that they use to determine the number of active cases to lower the numbers they're reporting as active cases. They could either do so quietly and just start having more counties turn green, or they could say something along the lines of "based on further analysis and newer data, we've updated the formula used to determine how many active cases there are to more accurately reflect the number of active cases in a given county".

BenedictGomez

I could see them keeping the <400 per million number but just adjusting their formula that they use to determine the number of active cases to lower the numbers they're reporting as active cases. They could either do so quietly and just start having more counties turn green, or they could say something along the lines of "based on further analysis and newer data, we've updated the formula used to determine how many active cases there are to more accurately reflect the number of active cases in a given county".

All they'd need to do is ditch that bizarre thing whereby the normalize all county data to Vermont's COVID19 level, which I still dont understand the rationale for statistically, other than to perhaps keep as many people out of Vermont as possible.