Boot Flex - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Boot Flex

Quote Originally Posted by big_vert View Post
    BTW, all of my boots have cutom footbeds, all of them, and I have a box in the garage that probably has another 5-6 pairs in trying to get them exactly right
    You have 8 sets of ski boots?

Can we go back to politics now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsis View Post
    "I have a 104 forefoot, high instep and arch, narrow ankles and calves. Right, please show me who will supply me THAT insole. REALLY clueless."

Just because YOU have weird feet doesn't mean that everyone else is "REALLY clueless". Take a deep breath, man. There is a lot of people out there who can take an off the shelf boot and it will work just fine.
    There is often difference though between "work(s) just fine" and properly fit. I don't doubt that there are some folks who do have a "stock foot" shape where right off the shelf and they're good to go is the right call for them. I strongly feel though, that many of those who think that way, just have never had a properly fit boot and/or don't think the the extra $$ that they may have to pay for the services of a GOOD boot fitter, is worth it.

Kind of like the difference between "water resistant" and "waterproof" clothing
    Last edited by drjeff; Yesterday at 7:55 AM.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23,27 (Mount Southington)
    February: 1,2,15,16,22,23 (Mount Snow) 3,5,12 (Mount Southington) 8 (Bromley) 9 (Stratton) 17 (Pico) 29 (Burke)
    March: 1,14 (Mount Snow) 2 (Mount Southington) 5,6,7 (Cannon) 8 (Loon)

Boot Flex

Quote Originally Posted by big_vert View Post
    WHOA - A CUTOM INSOLE! Right - like you said FOR ARCH ISSUES. So let me ask, is that the ONLY issue people ever have with boots? Right, of course not. But I guess CUTOM INSOLE's solve EVERY ISSUE, yes? Like with extreme forefoot, or pronating or everything else that affects bootfit. So glad I got your wisdom. Next time all I have to do is get cutom insole and all my problems are solved. Damn, I've apparently wasted so much time and money trying to get a boot that will fit me exactly when all I needed were cutom insoles

If you think I'm describing "club feet", then apparently you're clueless (there's that word again) about what foot issues MANY people have.

Try a YouTube bootfitting segment from a real bootfitter, OR go to a real, highend boot shop like Fanatyco at WB, Sports Loft in SLC or many others and let them laugh in your face after taking all those unnecessary measurements of your feet instead of just making a cutom insole that will solve everything.

BTW, all of my boots have cutom footbeds, all of them, and I have a box in the garage that probably has another 5-6 pairs in trying to get them exactly right. That deals with ONE issue. ONLY one. But hey, it's the only one your kid apparently had, so, well, that takes care of everything, right?
    Look this an opinion based forum and people have different perspectives and experiences. We don’t come hear to get berated by an ass that thinks everything he is selling is the Bible! The OP never mentioned he had foot issues and it is not like he is a 50+ day skier. Every person here approaches gear purchases differently and I hope they do. Would be pretty boring if everyone agreed with you or even myself.

Apparently you have lots of money to spend on gear - good for you!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    There is often difference though between "work(s) just fine" and properly fit.
    This is true for me. Before getting properly fitted years ago, I thought I was fine with off-the-shelf boots - no pain, no obvious performance issues. After getting fitted boots, I had occasion to ski my last pair of off-the-shelf boots again and realized just how ill-fitting (too large) and limiting they actually were.

[snip double post]

Thread Information