A-basin reopening on Wednesday - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    I think a big day for A-Basin is about 5000, so 600 would be about 12% of max operating capacity.
    I'm in SLC and was thinking of going over to A-Basin for a couple days of skiing, but it looks way too hard to get tickets for one day, much less two consecutive days. Toying with the idea of a run up to Beartooth Basin instead, but want to see how their first week goes. They open tomorrow I believe.
    Beartooth opens June first, pushed back a couple days. 80 tickets per day will be sold to the public with the rest going to ski teams, camps, passholders, etc. Still probably a better chance of getting one than at Abay.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

I think a big day for A-Basin is about 5000, so 600 would be about 12% of max operating capacity.
    I'm in SLC and was thinking of going over to A-Basin for a couple days of skiing, but it looks way too hard to get tickets for one day, much less two consecutive days. Toying with the idea of a run up to Beartooth Basin instead, but want to see how their first week goes. They open tomorrow I believe.
    With the lottery system they are doing the odds of two days in a row are low!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Beartooth opens June first, pushed back a couple days. 80 tickets per day will be sold to the public with the rest going to ski teams, camps, passholders, etc. Still probably a better chance of getting one than at Abay.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have trouble finding/navigating their website. From Beartooth Basin website

LIFT TICKETS & PASSES
    CASH OR CHECK ONLY UP AT THE HILL!!! PLEASE PLAN AHEAD.
    WE ARE LIMITING DAILY GUESTS TO 80 / DAY, PLUS TEAMS. SHOWING UP EARLY IS THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ACCESS. SEASON PASS HOLDERS WILL HAVE PREFERENCE.
    Full Day Lift Ticket - $45
    Half Day (12-3pm) Lift Ticket - $35
    Season Pass - $350

That does not sound too promising for non-locals. Don't want to drive 7-8 hrs only to be turned away. Will continue to watch their operations this week. The weird thing is their website seems to allow online purchases, but it also states the daily limit of 80, get there early. Why would you need to be early if you already bought a ticket for that day? Maybe I'll try to contact them with my questions? Also, I wonder if a lot of race teams/camps will cancel due to travel/covid difficulties, freeing a little more space on the mtn?

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads-up. I have trouble finding/navigating their website. From Beartooth Basin website

LIFT TICKETS & PASSES
    CASH OR CHECK ONLY UP AT THE HILL!!! PLEASE PLAN AHEAD.
    WE ARE LIMITING DAILY GUESTS TO 80 / DAY, PLUS TEAMS. SHOWING UP EARLY IS THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ACCESS. SEASON PASS HOLDERS WILL HAVE PREFERENCE.
    Full Day Lift Ticket - $45
    Half Day (12-3pm) Lift Ticket - $35
    Season Pass - $350

That does not sound too promising for non-locals. Don't want to drive 7-8 hrs only to be turned away. Will continue to watch their operations this week. The weird thing is their website seems to allow online purchases, but it also states the daily limit of 80, get there early. Why would you need to be early if you already bought a ticket for that day? Maybe I'll try to contact them with my questions? Also, I wonder if a lot of race teams/camps will cancel due to travel/covid difficulties, freeing a little more space on the mtn?
    Buy a season pass for $350 if you can stay a week?

Website/ Facebook states, they really only want Wyoming and Montana residents.

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Website/ Facebook states, they really only want Wyoming and Montana residents.
    Yeah, not looking too good that we might make the drive up there from SLC. It would mostly be a symbolic thing anyway, to bring closure to a season cut short. I got in 28 ski days and would have doubled that and skied into May if the shutdown had not occurred.

Besides I'm lazy. There is still good skiing 20 minutes up the road from me if you earn your turns. My son made a serious skin up Main Chute at Alta on 31 May 2020 and took this photo at 11,068' elevation (top of Mount Baldy) before heading down. You can see by the way the snow's pushed around that lots of others have been up there.
    main chute alta 31 may 20.jpg

Meanwhile, this is me loafing at the Great Salt Lake in 90 degs temps:
    30 may gsl jim.jpg
    Last edited by jimk; Jun 1, 2020 at 12:05 PM.

Yeah, not looking too good that we might make the drive up there from SLC. It would mostly be a symbolic thing anyway, to bring closure to a season cut short. I got in 28 ski days and would have doubled that and skied into May if the shutdown had not occurred.

Besides I'm lazy. There is still good skiing 20 minutes up the road from me if you earn your turns. My son made a serious skin up Main Chute at Alta on 31 May 2020 and took this photo at 11,068' elevation (top of Mount Baldy) before heading down. You can see by the way the snow's pushed around that lots of others have been up there.
    main chute alta 31 may 20.jpg

Meanwhile, this is me loafing at the Great Salt Lake in 90 degs temps:
    30 may gsl jim.jpg
    Awesome

Thread Information