Utah vs Colorado Thansgiving/Early December? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    It is hard to beat SLC for location. And it is getting discovered.
    Just wait till' companies come out of this pandemic & discover much to their surprise that productivity not only did not decline from a work-from-home workforce, but actually increased.

You'll be inundated with people from New York, New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, etc... fleeing their high tax states & taking their high salaries with them. My prediction is ski area real estate's about to get (even) more expensive within the next few years.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Just wait till' companies come out of this pandemic & discover much to their surprise that productivity not only did not decline from a work-from-home workforce, but actually increased.

You'll be inundated with people from New York, New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, etc... fleeing their high tax states & taking their high salaries with them. My prediction is ski area real estate's about to get (even) more expensive within the next few years.
    I hear this argument a bunch, but no one seems to realize that salaries are going to go down when employers know they can pay a guy in Kansas 1/2 what they pay someone elsewhere. Or, the more likely scenario, someone even cheaper than that in say India.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I hear this argument a bunch, but no one seems to realize that salaries are going to go down when employers know they can pay a guy in Kansas 1/2 what they pay someone elsewhere. Or, the more likely scenario, someone even cheaper than that in say India.
    It's difficult to wargame anything out to its' conclusion. My point is only concerned with the early innings, and I believe I'll be correct; I can see no reason why I wouldn't be. I'd be a prime example!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Just to give ss20 something to chew on, yesterday 6/6/20 it was 100 degs in SLC. Tomorrow night's low will be 40 degs. This is not in the mtns, this big swing is down in the valley!
    Up in the Wasatch Mtns Sunday and Monday could be powder days for the skinners as a rare dose of significant summer precip is coming through this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    Just to give ss20 something to chew on, yesterday 6/6/20 it was 100 degs in SLC. Tomorrow night's low will be 40 degs. This is not in the mtns, this big swing is down in the valley!
    Up in the Wasatch Mtns Sunday and Monday could be powder days for the skinners as a rare dose of significant summer precip is coming through this weekend.
    Yesterday’s temps were in the 40’s here in SLC. 12.5” of snow up at Alta from the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information