• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vote for Utah ski bus

jimk

Actually, Tues-Thurs could result in 6-12 inches in the Wasatch. Not a lot, but it helps. The pattern right now is beautiful sunshine, but firm in AM, nicer in PM. Not quite full spring skiing, which it's too early for anyway:)

FBGM

Going to hit PC and Brighton..Guess I'll see how it is now. Haven't been since last year when we where at PC and it closed, thankfully on our last day. Maybe convince them to go to Snowbird or Alta as thats where i really like to go..but when your invited to a condo in the Canyons..you go.
It’s tropical here. Bring your beach chair and fufu drink with umbrella and sun screen. March said FU, hello May

jimk

It’s tropical here. Bring your beach chair and fufu drink with umbrella and sun screen. March said FU, hello May
I put in a full day at Snowbird yesterday 3/7/21. It was early spring type conditions, lots of sun, but groomers stayed fairly firm as did much of the offpiste that was not full sun. I guess it was about 40 degs on the slopes at 10,000'. When driving back down into the valley at 5pm I see four guys drinking beer in their driveway. Two had no shirts, all wearing shorts. It was about 60 degs in suburbs, but felt like 75. It;s like that a lot out here.

FBGM

I put in a full day at Snowbird yesterday 3/7/21. It was early spring type conditions, lots of sun, but groomers stayed fairly firm as did much of the offpiste that was not full sun. I guess it was about 40 degs on the slopes at 10,000'. When driving back down into the valley at 5pm I see four guys drinking beer in their driveway. Two had no shirts, all wearing shorts. It was about 60 degs in suburbs, but felt like 75. It;s like that a lot out here.
I was in a t shirt at my place in PC this weekend. Finally saw the asphalt on my driveway - first time in months

Skied DV Sunday. Conditions were spring. Firm high and N facing. Soft and slush low and S facing.

Need a big end of March or April to get SWE totals up

kingslug

PC got as much snow as Stowe this year..and that aint good...
Wonder if I should even bother bringing the fat skis..although they do bring me luck.

BenedictGomez

Even if Enhanced Bussing wins now, Gondola is going to eventually win.

May as well just do gondy now rather than doing the stereotypical, "build a 2 lane highway today, when you know you're eventually going to need a 4 lane highway."

thetrailboss

Staff member
Even if Enhanced Bussing wins now, Gondola is going to eventually win.

May as well just do gondy now rather than doing the stereotypical, "build a 2 lane highway today, when you know you're eventually going to need a 4 lane highway."
Utah LOVES highways.

BenedictGomez

Those lots fill up ridiculously fast so they're gonna need to clear some space

More parking is in the plan they released.

But it just seems to me the only people pining for the busses are likely the eco nuts & the people who dont want any sort of tax increase to pay for a gondy.

Maybe I'd add to that the, "all the backcountry are mine" crowd too, because if that gondy goes in I have to imagine ONE Wasatch will be inevitable. What's a few more short gondys when you've already build a massively long gondy.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Those lots fill up ridiculously fast so they're gonna need to clear some space
Yep. I’m also a bit skeptical of the gondola deal because one vocal backer bought a key property and stands to make money off the deal. Of course Ski Utah featured the guy on a podcast and when he revealed his interest they just kept tossing him softball questions and sucking his dick. The conflicts of interest here are just so disgusting.

thetrailboss

Staff member
More parking is in the plan they released.

But it just seems to me the only people pining for the busses are likely the eco nuts & the people who dont want any sort of tax increase to pay for a gondy.

Maybe I'd add to that the, "all the backcountry are mine" crowd too, because if that gondy goes in I have to imagine ONE Wasatch will be inevitable. What's a few more short gondys when you've already build a massively long gondy.
Yeah Save the Canyons is against the gondola and using scare tactics. They just seem to think that the only solution is closing down the ski areas. It seems so outrageous.

BenedictGomez

Yeah Save the Canyons is against the gondola and using scare tactics.

Save The Canyons is an extremist group masquerading as a group with genuinely good intentions & a benign name, which is often the MO of the most successful extremist groups. Sadly. If you ever learn of a group called, People for the Prevention of Kicking Puppies, it will surely be the most evil group on the planet.