• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vote for Utah ski bus

ScottySkis

Speak now or forever sit in traffic!

UDOT is seeking public comment regarding three draft transportation alternatives for improving safety, reliability and mobility in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The three alternatives are:
• Enhanced bus service
• Enhanced bus service with road widening
• Gondola

We encourage you to become familiar with the three alternatives and let UDOT know what alternative you prefer, as well as, any adjustments you feel should be considered. Thank you in advance for doing so.

Your voice matters.

The comment period ends July 10th --> https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.utah.gov/

thetrailboss

Staff member
Speak now or forever sit in traffic!

UDOT is seeking public comment regarding three draft transportation alternatives for improving safety, reliability and mobility in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The three alternatives are:
• Enhanced bus service
• Enhanced bus service with road widening
• Gondola

We encourage you to become familiar with the three alternatives and let UDOT know what alternative you prefer, as well as, any adjustments you feel should be considered. Thank you in advance for doing so.

Your voice matters.

The comment period ends July 10th --> https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.utah.gov/

You mean vote for Gondola?

p_levert

I just "voted" for the gondola. Besides winter, I think it would be a great summer attraction.

FBGM

None of this matters. Utah is gonna do what they want and whatever makes some crooked cock republican more money in his pocket. The same dude that never skis and doesn’t care about outdoors and just throws nickels at 12 year old Asian boys to get his cock cleaned with the rest of the Mormon kiddy diddlers.

Also, none of this shit will come about for at least 3-5 years. Then 3-5 more in construction wether it be gondola or wider road.

So this is pointless. You are also a goamer if you can’t figure out cottonwood traffic.

thetrailboss

Staff member
None of this matters. Utah is gonna do what they want and whatever makes some crooked cock republican more money in his pocket. The same dude that never skis and doesn’t care about outdoors and just throws nickels at 12 year old Asian boys to get his cock cleaned with the rest of the Mormon kiddy diddlers.

Also, none of this shit will come about for at least 3-5 years. Then 3-5 more in construction wether it be gondola or wider road.

So this is pointless. You are also a goamer if you can’t figure out cottonwood traffic.

Well, tell us how you really feel....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

When this came about a week ago I read all the proposals & was pretty shocked that widening the road & adding buses was actually considerably more expensive than running one of the longest gondolas on earth.

The other takeaway I noted is that every proposal bans parking on the road, and includes tolls. So I guess those two things are coming no matter what.

jimmywilson69

Interesting proposal all around.

they should just build the One Wassatch thing while they are at it. If they are going to toll the NIMBY back country folks to drive up to their "hidden spot" might as well give them both middle fingers and build the Gondola network. I know Utah doesn't need more skiers based on car traffic, but if there are no cars then is more people a problem? Would it even be more people or just better efficiency in getting the current ski population to the goods? My bet is on the latter.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I hope they'll wait and take no action for a couple years and don't ask people to comment until after this pandemic is over. COVID has destroyed mass transit and gas under $2/gallon does not help. Ask people for their opinion now and everyone will say "make it a 2 lane road so I can get my car up there because I'm not sharing bus/gondola air with 2 dozen strangers from out-of-state".

Yes Utah has a skier transit issue and a long-term solution is needed. To get the solution right the first time don't ask for comments in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm glad to see a gondola even being considered. Without 3S technology this wouldn't even be technologically possible 12-15 years ago.

jimk

they should just build the One Wassatch thing while they are at it. If they are going to toll the NIMBY back country folks to drive up to their "hidden spot" might as well give them both middle fingers and build the Gondola network. I know Utah doesn't need more skiers based on car traffic, but if there are no cars then is more people a problem? Would it even be more people or just better efficiency in getting the current ski population to the goods? My bet is on the latter.

I agree with this. Build the gondi up LCC, put dedicated parking for it at base of canyon. Put terminals at Snowbird, Alta, and continue it over to connect with Sol/Bright. This could help reduce car traffic up both canyons.

Cornhead

I agree with this. Build the gondi up LCC, put dedicated parking for it at base of canyon. Put terminals at Snowbird, Alta, and continue it over to connect with Sol/Bright. This could help reduce car traffic up both canyons.
I

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member

One Wasatch is not a public project; that is a joint-effort between the private resorts (or at least once was a project). No real movement on it lately.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I hope they'll wait and take no action for a couple years and don't ask people to comment until after this pandemic is over. COVID has destroyed mass transit and gas under $2/gallon does not help. Ask people for their opinion now and everyone will say "make it a 2 lane road so I can get my car up there because I'm not sharing bus/gondola air with 2 dozen strangers from out-of-state".

Yes Utah has a skier transit issue and a long-term solution is needed. To get the solution right the first time don't ask for comments in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm glad to see a gondola even being considered. Without 3S technology this wouldn't even be technologically possible 12-15 years ago.

You should make that point to them in public comment. I'm serious. Things are far from normal right now.

BenedictGomez

COVID has destroyed mass transit and gas under $2/gallon does not help. Ask people for their opinion now and everyone will say "make it a 2 lane road so I can get my car up there because I'm not sharing bus/gondola air with 2 dozen strangers from out-of-state".

Anecdotal at the moment, but auto sales have increased very recently. I think it might be partially related to the above, people forsaking public transportation as unsafe. I need to do more research, but I may have to add F to my COVID19 distressed equity portfolio.

BenedictGomez

Then connect Brighton to Deer Valley with another lift.

If ONE Wasatch ever happens, the marketing advantage for the UT Front/Back area would be unmatchable in North America.

machski

Look at their proposed capacity of the gondola. Even being a 3S system, the capacity is paltry for just LCC alone. Don't even suggest they extend this proposal over to BCC too!. BCC needs its own solution!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

FBGM

Then connect Brighton to Deer Valley with another lift.

If ONE Wasatch ever happens, the marketing advantage for the UT Front/Back area would be unmatchable in North America.

Lol...
There is green space between the two. No lift going there. Also DV not going to connect to anyone. Let alone crap hole Brighton owned by competitor company.

Good try. Try again. Look at a map this time too