Vote for Utah ski bus

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Vote for Utah ski bus

Speak now or forever sit in traffic!

UDOT is seeking public comment regarding three draft transportation alternatives for improving safety, reliability and mobility in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The three alternatives are:
    • Enhanced bus service
    • Enhanced bus service with road widening
    • Gondola

We encourage you to become familiar with the three alternatives and let UDOT know what alternative you prefer, as well as, any adjustments you feel should be considered. Thank you in advance for doing so.

Your voice matters.

The comment period ends July 10th --> https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.utah.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    Speak now or forever sit in traffic!

UDOT is seeking public comment regarding three draft transportation alternatives for improving safety, reliability and mobility in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The three alternatives are:
    • Enhanced bus service
    • Enhanced bus service with road widening
    • Gondola

We encourage you to become familiar with the three alternatives and let UDOT know what alternative you prefer, as well as, any adjustments you feel should be considered. Thank you in advance for doing so.

Your voice matters.

The comment period ends July 10th --> https://littlecottonwoodeis.udot.utah.gov/
    You mean vote for Gondola?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    This! Though whenever I go to Snowbird, I always stay there to alleviate driving up the Canyon road.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Yes

I just "voted" for the gondola. Besides winter, I think it would be a great summer attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I just "voted" for the gondola. Besides winter, I think it would be a great summer attraction.
    Head scratch ...Covid ? UV air filters on board and sanitized after every passenger.
    "White Privilege ": The ability to suffer through life's universal indignities without blaming another group for them.

satrianifnr

None of this matters. Utah is gonna do what they want and whatever makes some crooked cock republican more money in his pocket. The same dude that never skis and doesn’t care about outdoors and just throws nickels at 12 year old Asian boys to get his cock cleaned with the rest of the Mormon kiddy diddlers.

Also, none of this shit will come about for at least 3-5 years. Then 3-5 more in construction wether it be gondola or wider road.

So this is pointless. You are also a goamer if you can’t figure out cottonwood traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    None of this matters. Utah is gonna do what they want and whatever makes some crooked cock republican more money in his pocket. The same dude that never skis and doesn’t care about outdoors and just throws nickels at 12 year old Asian boys to get his cock cleaned with the rest of the Mormon kiddy diddlers.

Also, none of this shit will come about for at least 3-5 years. Then 3-5 more in construction wether it be gondola or wider road.

So this is pointless. You are also a goamer if you can’t figure out cottonwood traffic.
    Well, tell us how you really feel....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

When this came about a week ago I read all the proposals & was pretty shocked that widening the road & adding buses was actually considerably more expensive than running one of the longest gondolas on earth.

The other takeaway I noted is that every proposal bans parking on the road, and includes tolls. So I guess those two things are coming no matter what.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Interesting proposal all around.

they should just build the One Wassatch thing while they are at it. If they are going to toll the NIMBY back country folks to drive up to their "hidden spot" might as well give them both middle fingers and build the Gondola network. I know Utah doesn't need more skiers based on car traffic, but if there are no cars then is more people a problem? Would it even be more people or just better efficiency in getting the current ski population to the goods? My bet is on the latter.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Thread Information