Bikes sold out during pandemic

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,332

    Bikes sold out during pandemic

    Iíve been too slow on everything lately. Was considering getting a couple of bikes for gravel roads and generally screwing around. Sold out everywhere it seems. Bikes, RVs, boats, houses. Itís a sellerís market all over.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I’ve been too slow on everything lately. Was considering getting a couple of bikes for gravel roads and generally screwing around. Sold out everywhere it seems. Bikes, RVs, boats, houses. It’s a seller’s market all over.
    Yeah these are crazy weird times. I planted my first garden this year and I'm a complete newbie. I planted some tomatoes. After a while they got huge and I realized I needed one of those wire basket things. I went to Home Depot to buy one and they were all sold out. All the nearby Home Depots were sold out of the wire baskets also. I said WTF?! They told me the supply truck comes on Wednesday and they might get a shipment and they told me "good luck". Crazy times trying to get some really basic stuff.

  3. #3
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,092
    Well, mine was just stolen.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  4. #4
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Well, mine was just stolen.
    I know how that feels. A bike was stolen from me when I lived in WA state, while in the navy. I bought it specifically to take for a deployment overseas, in Diego Garcia, an island thatís a great place to have a bike.

    In WA, I lived on Whidbey Island, and someone I know spotted my bike on a ferry headed towards Mulkiteo and wondered if I had sold it. I found that out way too late, and ended up renting a bike overseas for two months. Over 20 years later, it still bothers me.

  5. #5
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I know how that feels. A bike was stolen from me when I lived in WA state, while in the navy. I bought it specifically to take for a deployment overseas, in Diego Garcia, an island that’s a great place to have a bike.

    In WA, I lived on Whidbey Island, and someone I know spotted my bike on a ferry headed towards Mulkiteo and wondered if I had sold it. I found that out way too late, and ended up renting a bike overseas for two months. Over 20 years later, it still bothers me.
    What is upsetting is that it was taken right from our garage while it was open and we were around. Looks like our neighbors have surveillance cameras so I may ask them if they have anything.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Well, mine was just stolen.
    That's a complete bummer. My buddy had his stolen and he was able to get some money from his home insurance to cover him so he could get a new bike. Still sucks but it's better than nothing. Also, might be worth checking out Facebook Marketplace and seeing if you can score a decent bike for cheap.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fullsend7 View Post
    That's a complete bummer. My buddy had his stolen and he was able to get some money from his home insurance to cover him so he could get a new bike. Still sucks but it's better than nothing. Also, might be worth checking out Facebook Marketplace and seeing if you can score a decent bike for cheap.
    The other thing I can't find anywhere is exercise gear. we bought a 2nd home in NC mountain area and I wanted to get a set of adjustable dumbbells up there, and they are impossible to find, and are selling for 4x price on ebay etc.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:45 PM.