Seasonal Rental

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Rental

Seasonal Rental

What approaches are people using to find seasonal rentals? Website or realtor? Which website?

We were planning to buy in Bartlett this summer but the market is so damn overheated we are going to wait a year. I suspect the rental market is similar but figured I would give it a look.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

I was working with this agency for Mt Washington Valley until I scrapped the seasonal rental plan. Too much uncertainty about operations for me to feel comfortable dropping the coin this year. Will stick to short term rentals, hotels and day trips again.

https://selectrealestate.com/winter-seasonals/

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

You didn't say where you are looking so this will be more general.

I check area realtors and also search craigslist for seasonal listing. I also look at AirBNB and VRBO and reach out to listings to see if they consider seasonal. We found our last place via AirBNB (but did the lease outside of AirBNB).

I rent my Sugarbush house out for the season. For 20 years I used Craigslist to list it. Always worked well. I'm now just word of mouth. I purposely avoided real estate agents due to the cost. In a normal season, most house owners tried to get their listings up by Labor Day. Keep checking daily through August.

I understand the uncertainty but I work from home with a flexible schedule and my older daughter is likely to be remote learning, we could ski first chair to noon seven days a week. May be a unique opportunity to ski 100+ days with her before she progresses in the competition programs and gets tired of skiing with dad.

Spent a little time yesterday looking for something without much luck. Going to start calling realtors tomorrow, may not be easy to find a two bedroom with decent internet that allows dogs.

Anybody know approximate internet speeds in the MWV?
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Speaking from experience, with a dog makes it much tougher as seasonal rental inventory is low and probably 25% or fewer allow pets.

Internet speeds are fine for working from home, as long as the house has decent service (which is much more variable but shouldn't be a big issue if you are willing to eat the cost of upgraded service for the winter).

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrefaith View Post
    Speaking from experience, with a dog makes it much tougher as seasonal rental inventory is low and probably 25% or fewer allow pets.

Internet speeds are fine for working from home, as long as the house has decent service (which is much more variable but shouldn't be a big issue if you are willing to eat the cost of upgraded service for the winter).
    When we rented the dog limited us to 10% of all rental properties.

With a dog act fast if you like something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I Love Apres'

I've always thought that landlord concerns about dogs are overblown. I've always permitted dogs and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop Willie View Post
    I've always thought that landlord concerns about dogs are overblown. I've always permitted dogs and have never had a problem.
    Allergies are a concern for owners and other guests.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop Willie View Post
    Seasonal rental supply is so low that they can afford to be picky and just eliminate the risk, even if it's low. Our dog is crated when we aren't home, is never allowed on any furniture, we have references from prior rentals with the dog, and have offered to pay additional pet deposit or additional deep cleaning at end of rental and still have never gotten a "no pet" rental to reconsider when we've inquired.

Thread Information