Are Teslas smart enough not to camp in the passing lane?

AlpineZone

Are Teslas smart enough not to camp in the passing lane?

While driving home on 86 from Elmira yesterday I came upon a line of 4 cars in the passing lane. A red car was blocking those behind and wouldn't speed up, or slow down, and move to the driving lane. Finally it passed a car in the driving lane and everyone, including me, passed the red car on the right. As I was passing I noticed the driver using his cellphone. I yelled out loud, to myself, "Get off your f'n phone". It was then I noticed it was a Tesla. He could possibly not even be driving his car, right? Wouldn't they program it not to block the passing lane? It is a ticketable offense in New York now. It is one of my pet peeves.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Don't know much about Teslas, but didn't think they routinely came with autonomous drive?

Side topic, just read somewhere that average new car now costs $38k. Seems like that figure is too high, but I always buy base models or used cars. I don't see how folks can handle that kind of debt, esp if they have bought two new vehicles in the last four or five years?

Pickup trucks can cost upwards of $65,000 nowadays so $38,000 as an average for new cars seems reasonable to me.

Look to the automotive loan market for the next bubble to burst in the US.

They have been handing out car loans to unemployed people like its candy for new cars. Of daughter in law was the recipient of such a loan for a new Highlander.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information