What will be different for 20/21 Ski Season? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghughes20 View Post
    Pure speculation here, but if they restrict lodge access, that will severely reduce daily visitors. Families with young children won't come. No apres scene will limit young adults. I think you'll be left with people that have on mountain or local housing. I'd guess that limits crowds by 40%, making limited lift capacity less of an issue

That said, with full ski gear - googles, masks, gloves, etc, we're probably the least at risk group there is. Crowded indoor spaces are the problem.
    Good point. I know for me, who will be skiing primarily with my five year old, what that means is I will be avoiding any ski area that involves parking that requires a shuttle bus on cold days. So, a place like Okemo or Sunapee on my Epic Pass will be a no go. I'll want quick access to my van for lunch and snack breaks. Warmer days with outdoor seating will be less of a concern.

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    if they can keep the doors open downhill, should mitigate any issues for the next group.
    If you held a gun to my head & my life depended on the correct answer, I'd say I doubt it. It's still a relatively static environment with millions of viral particulate trapped in a tiny space & with far more surface area enclosed than open (doors), and I dont believe simply opening the doors would provide much circulation. But there's absolutely no way to know either way without conducting a study, and obviously that study wont happen. So until there's a vaccine, it will be gondolos for thee, but not for me!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

In a hospital in VT with an ICU Covid patient today. The patient was moved to a new room as we are replacing equipment in the room the patient was in. Protocol is two hours worth of negative pressure before cleaning crew goes in. And then we go in.

So, yeah, not sure how a gondola can run.

But, elevators are running everywhere in the country right now, so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    In a hospital in VT with an ICU Covid patient today. The patient was moved to a new room as we are replacing equipment in the room the patient was in. Protocol is two hours worth of negative pressure before cleaning crew goes in. And then we go in.

But, elevators are running everywhere in the country right now, so who knows

Hard to know what the better comparison is... in our office building the elevator has instructions to load only one party at a time... and short of closing a building down, in many cases there may be no viable alternative to running the elevator.

I wonder if taking off the windows would be viable?

With that said, I'll likely avoid the gondola rides this winter, depending on what the COVID situation looks like once ski season starts.

Let's be 100% honest with this statement of yours DHS.

I think that we can all agree that the aerosolized viral quantity from a COVID-19 positive patient in the ICU is going to be far different than the aerosolized viral quantity from someone who may be COVID-19 positive, but is feeling healthy enough to go skiing.

So the cleaning standards for a gondola may very well be much closer to say that of a table at a restaurant than in an ICU room
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days, '19-'20 season 52 days '07-'20 seasons: 664 Days

I have a locker at Magic and that will be a godsend. I have already verified I can boot up and get out on the slopes. I like to pick my skis also and adjust gear.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Posted this at first in the ski resorts response to COVID 19 thread but thought it was worthy of its on.

As we approach ski season 20/21 it will be interesting to see what evolves as far as procedures / operations / process etc for the resorts.

A preview of perhaps what is to come.... Magic offers a first hint of what 20/21 season could be like:

https://magicmtn.com/alpine-update/

Some highlights:
    - likely skier visit restricted capacity (50% of hourly uphill capacity)
    - online reservations (with pass holders getting first dibs)
    - reservations for table space inside lodges
    - expanded outdoor seating etc.

I'm sure all are subject to change, but I'm guessing we will see similar start to emerge at most resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Let's be 100% honest with this statement of yours DHS.

I think that we can all agree that the aerosolized viral quantity from a COVID-19 positive patient in the ICU is going to be far different than the aerosolized viral quantity from someone who may be COVID-19 positive, but is feeling healthy enough to go skiing.

So the cleaning standards for a gondola may very well be much closer to say that of a table at a restaurant than in an ICU room
    Objectively not true and has not been shown. In fact:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2769235

"Many individuals with SARS-CoV-2 infection remained asymptomatic for a prolonged period, and viral load was similar to that in symptomatic patients; therefore, isolation of infected persons should be performed regardless of symptoms."

Thanks for doing what you do!

Thanks for doing what you do! You're a hero.

Thread Information