What will be different for 20/21 Ski Season? - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Killington's email newsletter today asked for college kids learning remotely to apply to their winter jobs. I clicked because I'm naturally curious- the employment site says 200 positions available. No seasonal visa workers this year (or at least until after the new year).

2019-2020 59 days and holding...
    Thunder Ridge: 12/7, 12/8, 12/21, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/4, 1/5, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18, 1/19, 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/8, 2/9, 2/15, 2/16, 2/20, 2/21, 2/22, 2/23, 3/7, 3/8
    Killington: 11/15, 12/16, 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/23, 1/3, 1/30, 1/31, 2/13, 2/27, 3/12
    Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/2, 12/24 Sunday River: 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 Greek Peak: 1/13, 1/14 Jiminy Peak: 12/6 Catamount: 12/13, 3/5 Pico: 12/19, 2/28 Mohawk: 12/27 Burke: 1/1 Ragged: 1/2 Wildcat: 1/6 Cannon: 1/7 Jay Peak: 1/23 Mad River Glen: 1/24 Magic: 2/14
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Potential lift restrictions even for chairlifts are no mixing of unrelated people.
    I doubt that will be common practice, but for resorts that do that, geez that's gonna' make the lines much longer Friday through Sunday & holidays. Taken literally, it would mean every single rides a quad alone!
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by skiking4 View Post
    Objectively not true and has not been shown. In fact:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2769235

"Many individuals with SARS-CoV-2 infection remained asymptomatic for a prolonged period, and viral load was similar to that in symptomatic patients; therefore, isolation of infected persons should be performed regardless of symptoms."
    If asymptomatic that how do you know you have it?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    If asymptomatic that how do you know you have it?
    Testing.

Same answer for the presympomatic population.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I doubt that will be common practice, but for resorts that do that, geez that's gonna' make the lines much longer Friday through Sunday & holidays. Taken literally, it would mean every single rides a quad alone!
    As long as the CDC continues to maintain the six foot separation guidance, they don't know if they will have another option. Which means reservation based skiing at 50% capacity.

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

As long as the CDC continues to maintain the six foot separation guidance, they don't know if they will have another option. Which means reservation based skiing at 50% capacity.

If you can't maintain 6 feet then you just have to wear a mask which is already happening on ski lifts in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    If you can't maintain 6 feet then you just have to wear a mask which is already happening on ski lifts in the winter.
    Except that some recent research is indicating that gaiters are not an effective face covering. Who knows how accurate that is or not being just one study of course.

Things will likely stay fluid and recommendations and best practices will continue to change and evolve as they learn more about this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I wouldn't be so confident that's going to be the case. My understanding is amusement parks are not seating unrelated parties together on their rides and also requiring masks. So, if you are riding a rollercoaster a stranger is not going to be seated next to you and the rows in front of you and behind you are left empty.

Very real possibility that those in the singles line for a quad chair will not be paired up with a group of 2-3 strangers. They will be sent up solo.

I wouldn't be so confident that's going to be the case. My understanding is amusement parks are not seating unrelated parties together on their rides and also requiring masks. So, if you are riding a rollercoaster a stranger is not going to be seated next to you and the rows in front of you and behind you are left empty.

Very real possibility that those in the singles line for a quad chair will not be paired up with a group of 2-3 strangers. They will be sent up solo.

I usually ski midweek and alone but hoping they at least pair up 2 singles on a quad. That would make a big difference. Weekends could be a shitshow for sure.

And I still for the life of me cant come up with a decision on where to settle in this winter. I want to keep things in state and epic has a great variety for nh but feel like cannon overall is a safer bet as far as making snow and restrictions. Hoping for a vaccine that works to save the second half.

Thread Information