• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What will be different for 20/21 Ski Season?

urungus

Kinsman and DJ’s are 2 different types of trails so one being better than the other is not comparing apples to apples. DJ’s is about rocky outcroppings and small “chutes” through them. DJ’s is tight off camber glades.

*Kinsman* is tight off camber glades.

snoseek

The walk from the bottom of the tram to where you can skate to zoomer isn't really all that bad imo.

The walk from the bottom of the tram to where you can skate to zoomer isn't really all that bad imo.
Good to know.

I don't mind a bit of a hike/skate. I've done Lower FIS runout countless times and as long as i know the terrain, can anticipate.

Sounds like it's worth it at least once to explore the terrain.

Thanks everyone.

granite

Good to know.

I don't mind a bit of a hike/skate. I've done Lower FIS runout countless times and as long as i know the terrain, can anticipate.

Thanks everyone.

Some photos of DJ's and Kinsman Glade.

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 113

bizarrefaith

Good to know.

Thanks everyone.

Just make sure to check ahead that they are open -- those two are often not open due to insufficient snow cover.

kingslug

Im terrified of vaccines..no idea whats in them..taking the word of whoever is not my thing..ive never gotten a flu shot..never had the flu..yes this is different but im going to wait before diving in to that pool..

slatham

Im terrified of vaccines..no idea whats in them..taking the word of whoever is not my thing..ive never gotten a flu shot..never had the flu..yes this is different but im going to wait before diving in to that pool..

Well if there was ever a winter to give the flu shot a shot (ha) it’s this winter! I get them regularly to no ill effect......

BenedictGomez

ive never gotten a flu shot..never had the flu.

Every time I hear someone say this (usually an anti-vaccine person), I think to myself, how the bloody ******* hell do they know?!?!?!

They never in any year of their life got sick in October, November, December, January, February or March I guess.

mbedle

Every time I hear someone say this (usually an anti-vaccine person), I think to myself, how the bloody ******* hell do they know?!?!?!

They never in any year of their life got sick in October, November, December, January, February or March I guess.

LOL, agree 100% if there ever was a year to get one, this is it.

kbroderick

I've had diagnosed flu or significant flu-like symptoms twice. Both were years I got the flu vaccine; I've not been particularly consistent since, but I will this year (there's minimal downside risk and significant possible upside, particularly if the vaccine makers guess right on the strains to protect against this year).

jimmywilson69

I've never gotten the flu shot, I'm not anti vax and I'm certain I've never had influenza. that being said I'm considering the flu shot this year...

its mostly just laziness as I never go to the dr during or before flu season that i don't get one.

cdskier

I've been getting a flu shot every year for quite a while. They offer them free at work right in my office, so that makes it very easy and convenient. This year with our office still being closed could make it a bit less convenient, but I still plan to get one.

machski

What will be different for me is that I likely won't be able to visit any ski area in Vermont. I'd have to quarantine 14 days before even beginning to ski (because their standards are based on county). Without a long-term home that I could work remote from this isn't feasible.

Glad to see that this forum is taking COVID more seriously now. Had to leave this site in May when all the posters here thought it was a hoax.

Being from Massachusetts right now is like being the one kid in a group project that does all the work, being dragged down by NH, Vermont, Maine.

My ability to access the skiing (other than Wachusett) requires me to go out of state, and for NH/Vermont to get a handle on this virus so please, residents of northern New England get it together. Rhode Island and Hawaii were just added to the Mass quarantine requirement. Let's not have NH be next.
Wow, for someone who ran scared away from AZ, this post is the most bizzare I've seen in a while. What exactly does NH and VT need to get right vs MA? MA is doing a worse job in most metrics than VT and NH. Sorry you live in a state that has put travel restrictions on its residents. Be sure to vote in November.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Newpylong

MA is always going to look worse in metrics because of population and density, certainly not the way they have handled it, which IMHO has been quite well.

The amount of meat helmets here (in NH) that don't take it seriously is exceptional. Luckily I live in one of the few towns with a mask ordnance in this county. Best you can do since Sununu refuses to enforce the issue.

Last edited:

flakeydog

Being from Massachusetts right now is like being the one kid in a group project that does all the work, being dragged down by NH, Vermont, Maine.

My ability to access the skiing (other than Wachusett) requires me to go out of state, and for NH/Vermont to get a handle on this virus so please, residents of northern New England get it together. Rhode Island and Hawaii were just added to the Mass quarantine requirement. Let's not have NH be next.

I think you have that backwards. Mass several times the rate of VT (normalized for cases/million). In my opinion VT has done very well and I am glad we are taking the necessary steps to keep it that way. As much as I know that people love to come here, we like to go other places too. It's a bummer for all of us.

BenedictGomez

I'm certain I've never had influenza.

HOW?!?!?!

Do you have a polymerase chain reaction machine in your garage or a molecular assay unit on top of your toilet?

I never have had a flu shot just because of how inconsistent they are to actually protect you from the flu.

FALSE.

The flu shot always protects you from flu, but it often doesn't make you immune from the predominant annual form(s) of flu. So you may get sick, but your illness likely wont be as severe as it would if you didnt get the flu shot.

The above should be a government-funded P.S.A. that runs nonstop until every American has heard it 48 times, like those C. Everett Koop (RIP) surgeon general anti-smoking commercials I remember from when I was a little kid. I swear you couldn't avoid those spots circa mid or late 1980s.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Can anyone explain to me why they are convinced their health/life will be better without an annual flu shot?

The science is just about 100% in favor getting one.

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app