First time Colorado suggestions - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I've never skied Breckenridge, but it always cracks me up when people rip these western places apart given they're likely 5x better than all the eastern places we ski. Same conversation happens with Park City/Canyons, Keystone, Beaver Creek, Steamboat, and a bunch of other places, etc..
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I've never skied Breckenridge, but it always cracks me up when people rip these western places apart given they're likely 5x better than all the eastern places we ski. Same conversation happens with Park City/Canyons, Keystone, Beaver Creek, Steamboat, and a bunch of other places, etc..
    They're not 5x better. A solid 3x better without any doubt. ANY doubt.
    12-13 Season
    Dec 10-? Whistles
    Jan 7-12 - SLC
    Feb 4-9 - SLC
    Mar 3-12 - Verbier
    April - Whistler
    Counting ski days at <1k berms:
    Life's too short to SKI THE EAST

So after taking into consideration all your advice I settled on an entire week with a condo at Beaver Creek. I figured I should be there in the middle of the week so why not make it a full week. I bought the Epic Local Pass and plan to do couple days at Vail and the rest at Beaver Creek. Thanks for the input , my kids and I are looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    As I said earlier you obviously haven't skied all of Breck. Aside from the Lake Chutes, that speak for themselves, the entire E chair pod has outstanding expert terrain and that chair never has a line due to the intimidating terrain it serves. You can lap it all day long at any time of the year. (Which I did Christmas weekend with no line) I've skied almost all of the toughest terrain in VT and that E chair at Breck is as good as anything you'll see here in East excluding Needle's Eye which the East has nothing to compare with if your talking an on the map lift served trail.

Sure Breckenridge has flat areas but so do a lot of resorts. The only Vail owned mountain in CO that has more challenging terrain than Breckenridge is Crested Butte. (And Crested Butte has everyone beaten by a lot)
    Great explanation - in line with my response to you earlier. The tone in this post is totally different from your earlier post. Also where in the east can one do cornice drops? The first time I did was at A Basin and it was out of my norm (pucker factor) - but they are fun as heck and Breck has lots of them!

Some people are so into the challenge of terrain which most of us want but man the beginning and end of season must be friggin boring - I just want I be out anywhere on the mountain. Low snow seasons must drive some crazy.

Note: the third steepest run in Colorado is at Breckinridge. Crazy Ivan 2 part of lake chutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by del.hess.1 View Post
    So after taking into consideration all your advice I settled on an entire week with a condo at Beaver Creek. I figured I should be there in the middle of the week so why not make it a full week. I bought the Epic Local Pass and plan to do couple days at Vail and the rest at Beaver Creek. Thanks for the input , my kids and I are looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Good move! Your really going to love Beaver Creek that mountain has terrain for everyone along with lots of great restaurants, we liked it better than Vail. Try the Saddleridge restaurant when your out there. It's a very cool, unique spot. I thought it was much better than Beano's Cabin which was kind of an overpriced tourist trap.

Thread Information