• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

All North American Worldcup races CANCELLED for this season

icecoast1

Sorry, off road meaning exempt from state and federal road taxes, not as in chemical make up.

Is there an off road fuel that is different these days? Refineries tend to consolidate, not go wild on boutique products. Is the new low sulfur auto diesel any different that what Killington fuels their compressors and groomers with? The diesel exhaust fluid is an additive, not part of the fuel blend.

It's all the same stuff, only difference now is the dye and the taxes

Newpylong

Sorry, off road meaning exempt from state and federal road taxes, not as in chemical make up.

Is there an off road fuel that is different these days? Refineries tend to consolidate, not go wild on boutique products. Is the new low sulfur auto diesel any different that what Killington fuels their compressors and groomers with? The diesel exhaust fluid is an additive, not part of the fuel blend.

Now I get what you mean, sorry I was unsure. Yes, even off-road has been ULSD since I want to say 2014 or 2015.

Well aware of what DEF is - my trucks have had it going on nearly a decade now and so did our groomers recently for Tier 4 units. I only mentioned it because it requires ULSD to function, which a moot point now :)

FBGM

Tier 4 and emissions suck. But it’s life these days. Talk about extra money and headache

Thanks California

Any mechanic that knows Tier 4 - I mean really knows it - worth their weight in gold. No ski area can afford a mechanic like that so that’s why emissions related shit gets subbed out so much and costs so much.