• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Coronavirus outbreak

VTKilarney

The state will certainly keep this in mind when determining rules for ski lodges and restaurants.

slatham

The state will certainly keep this in mind when determining rules for ski lodges and restaurants.

Devil is in the details. Inside or out? Masks or no masks? Socially distant or not? The only thing I have seen is the 40 people gathering is under the VT limit.

JimG.

Staff member
Devil is in the details. Inside or out? Masks or no masks? Socially distant or not? The only thing I have seen is the 40 people gathering is under the VT limit.

Also were the attendees from in or out of state?

Article says attendees from Rutland with the caveat that it is unknown if any were out of staters.

drjeff

An article I read said that it was a gathering/party for roughly 40 people, and while I don't recall it saying if it was in some hotel room/suite or in a meeting room inside the hotel, the impression was given that it was inside, and mask use/social distancing wasn't properly being followed by all guests

skiur

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/pelham-veterinary-dentist-dr-bert-gaddis-works-on-beary-good-patient/33860893

More than one dozen people have tested positive for COVID-19 in connection with a private party held in Killington nearly two weeks ago, officials with the Vermont Department of Health announced Monday.

At least 14 attendees of the Aug. 19 party or others who had close contact have tested positive for the disease. Health officials say more than 40 people attended the event at the Summit Lodge.

According to a release from VDH, the Summit Lodge followed state protocols and guidance and has been cooperative in the outbreak investigation.
“We appreciate the cooperation of everyone who has responded to our contact tracing team,” said Health Commissioner Mark Levine. “I particularly thank the management of the Summit Lodge – for their adherence to the state’s guidelines for protecting their guests and employees, and for their assistance and support of our efforts to contain and minimize this outbreak.”
Watch: How does contact tracing work in Vermont?

Play Video

In a statement released Tuesday morning, the Summit Lodge said no members of its staff are exhibiting symptoms of the disease but two people will be tested as a precautionary measure. The bar inside of the facility, O'Dwyer’s Bar and Restaurant, will be closed for the remainder of the season, according to the release.
A hotel at the Summit Lodge has reportedly remained closed since the implementation of statewide public health orders on lodging in March.
A pop-up test clinic will be opened at the Rutland Office of Local Health on Sept. 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Anyone planning to receive a test should register in advance.
Anyone who attended the party but has not contacted the VDH is asked to call 802-863-7240.

icecoast1

Is this like the last huge outbreak a couple weeks ago in Southern VT that ended up being pretty much all false positives or have they actually done the more reliable tests to confirm?

BenedictGomez

At least 14 attendees of the Aug. 19 party or others who had close contact have tested positive for the disease. Health officials say more than 40 people attended the event at the Summit Lodge.

At least 1/3 of attendees at a "lodge" have tested positive from presumably one vector individual.

But do tell me again how it's totes safe to operate gondolas right now.

Edd

Is this like the last huge outbreak a couple weeks ago in Southern VT that ended up being pretty much all false positives or have they actually done the more reliable tests to confirm?

Yeah, it’s exactly like that one. You can ignore it now.

FBGM

I’m sure they will all be fine. And now mass panic will follow and ski season will be in jeopardy.

I also think I’d rather lick door knobs and get Covid then live in Rutland.

skiur

Turns out the party was for a local Killington bartenders 50th birthday.