• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Steamboat vs Utah

nhskier1969

Just remember there are the marked "glades" and then every other tree area. The marked stuff by Eastern standards are super widely spaced areas and they do see a lot of traffic and get skied out rather quickly. But look between trails and such, tons of more Eastern spaced trees unmarked that most westerners ignore. Pow in those trees for days...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Sounds great. Has anyone who's skied at SB been into the Pioneer Ridge BackCountry?

raisingarizona

Did you lap by skinning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. This was 96/97. We side stepped all the way around. Then you had to do the full lift circuit from the base to get back up to the Chutes/Gates. Those laps kind of burned me out on that place. I think we got two, maybe even three runs in a day doing that. After two seasons I was really ready for a steeper mountain and better access.

I'd definitely put a skin track in today if I were skiing in FCC.