Sea to Sky Gondola cut for second time

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sea to Sky Gondola cut for second time

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...-bde3ab979c20/

One cut and a quick $5m in damage. Can't imagine you can replace 30 gondola cars in short order.

Somebody knows what they are doing. Seems incredibly dangerous to the person doing the cutting.
    2017/2018

I have to believe they put up some surveillance cameras after the 1st incident. Does seem like an inside job (current or past employee). Strange stuff, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I have to believe they put up some surveillance cameras after the 1st incident. Does seem like an inside job (current or past employee). Strange stuff, for sure.
    The GM is quoted in the CBC article as saying that they have the incident on camera, plus an alarm was triggered in the process. They also mentioned this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Brown
    "This individual has no regard for their own life and limb. They wanted to do what they did, they did it swiftly, they did it with skill."
    Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself, unless I'm saying something incredibly dumb, in which case I didn't say anything and you're hallucinating.

this isn't something that could be accomplished with bolt cutters. I'm assuming a gas powered saw or a torch. Either way its not something that takes place in 15 seconds and you run.

Weird act of vandalism for sure...
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

As for the cause, it's mysterious. There are millions of causes. My first guess would have to be some sort of eco-terrorism, something like what happened at Vail in '98, especially considering the west coast is experiencing an environmental crisis with the wildfires.

unfamiliar with Vail in '98 do tell...
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Vail+1998+arson
    Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself, unless I'm saying something incredibly dumb, in which case I didn't say anything and you're hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/we-kn...rorist-attack/

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post

thanks for your help...

Thanks ne_skier that was a good article.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Thread Information