• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Christmas week

JimG.

Staff member
What’s so different about VT’s rule? I thought every state had something similar?

Some states do, many do not:

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/united-states

I suspect many states implemented travel restrictions in response to other states imposing restrictions, a lot of tit for tat. VT is particularly restrictive considering the way they interpret and apply data regarding infection rates.

cdskier

It’s not just “feeling safe” though.

What’s the lifeline going to be like under “social distancing guide line”?

So with the all or nothing Ikon policy, the first day is “all” in many sense.

Feeling safe was just one example. Ikon allows you to defer for ANY reason if you don't use your pass at all.

And again, you're talking about two different things. The deferral option from Ikon is one thing. And the resort closure refund is another. With Ikon, if you use your pass one day, yes, you lose the option to defer at that point. But if resorts close during the core season, you still get whatever % refund that works out to based on what is closed and what particular "Ikon-assurance" option you picked (either all resorts or a specific resort). When the resort-closure part kicks in, how many days you skied is irrelevant. You'll get the same "resort-closure" refund whether you skied 1 day or 100 days before they closed. With Epic, even under the "resort closure" part of their guarantee, the amount of refund you would get varies depending on how many days you skied.

dlague

Some states do, many do not:

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/united-states

I suspect many states implemented travel restrictions in response to other states imposing restrictions, a lot of tit for tat. VT is particularly restrictive considering the way they interpret and apply data regarding infection rates.

Colorado, California, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, New Mexico all do not have travel restrictions. We have been to all of them.

I wonder how many people are aware of states that do have restrictions?

Also wonder if Colorado or Utah will limit foreign tourists or even out of state tourist when it comes to ski season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhskier1969

Two seasons ago, Vermont was amazing during Snovember. I remember skiing fully covered powdery runs at Sugarbush on natural trails like Twist and Moonshine on Thanksgiving day.

Last year we did the hike to Castlerock on Christmas Eve day. It was a fun hike and the views were spectacular, but the skiing at the bottom of CR on the run out was awful.

As I said above, we are blessed that we have close family in Burlington so we often get to ski on holidays and are home in plenty of time. Many times, the skiing isn't great, but it's always better than not skiing and it's good to knock the rust off. And every once in a while, you get those early season gems like we did two years ago.

A couple of years ago hike to Castlerock. Shot was taken November 30th

IMG_2489.jpg