Christmas week

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas week

Christmas week

Not sure if anyone has tried to secure lodging for Christmas week. I looked on or near the mountain for lodging and it is non existent at all the Ikon properties. I could normally book my holiday week at Sugarbush sometime in November. Not this year. I tried other Ikon resorts and same thing nothing.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

I avoid skiing Christmas week like Covid. This year sounds even worse. Hope I am wrong.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I avoid skiing Christmas week like Covid. This year sounds even worse. Hope I am wrong.
    Agreed, Xmas week is the worst week of the year to ski. I do like to come up the 30th and ski the 31st through the 2nd. The mountain is always empty.

As someone who hasnt skied Christmas week this millennium (really), is the expert terrain at least empty, or is it just a poop-show everywhere?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Beats sitting around but It depends on conditions as always. 2017 there was snow and it was exceedingly cold so the woods were in play and crowds cowering by their fireplaces. Skiing was great.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has tried to secure lodging for Christmas week. I looked on or near the mountain for lodging and it is non existent at all the Ikon properties. I could normally book my holiday week at Sugarbush sometime in November. Not this year. I tried other Ikon resorts and same thing nothing.

Has anyone else had the same issue?
    I haven’t looked into this season but in the past, by this time of year, lodging was tight at sugarbush.

With lodge access being somewhat restricted this year, I expect on mountain accommodations will be a hot ticket this season with easy access for lunch or warm up.

I would also expect limited day trippers and less demand for accommodations off mountain that require a shuttle bus or drive to the mountain. Gearing up and/or having your lunch in a car if there's limited access to the ski lodge will get tiresome quickly - especially for families.

We usually ski 24-27 and find the mountains to be basically empty but in the past, we stayed with family in Burlington. Can't stay with family this year as one of them has some underlying conditions. Will have to figure it all out but can't worry about it now.

Rental market at Sugarbush moved very early this year. I had Christmas week booked back in June, and at a 25% premium over what I charged last year. Last year Xmas week didn't book until Nov 2. Several rentals may start showing up on Airbnb today and tomorrow. One of the booking settings keeps your place "hidden" until 3 months before the availability date...and 3 months from today is Christmas Eve.
    Good luck for those still searching

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    As someone who hasnt skied Christmas week this millennium (really), is the expert terrain at least empty, or is it just a poop-show everywhere?
    Christmas Day is also a good day to go. We always say trip Christmas Day and. New Years Day. We have found that many of the sizable mountains are not even fully open yet - that being said, about two years ago or so, New England got dumped on during December.

We have had some pretty wet days during that time and had the liberty of skiing some very solid runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information