Gondola at Whitedace

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gondola at Whitedace

Anyone want to buy a gondola cabin? https://www.whiteface.com/mountain/retired-lifts

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
    Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Cabins #3, 5, 9, 10, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 31, 36, 38, 39, 41, 45, 47, 48, 49, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60
    The minimum bid per cabin is $4,500 USD

Cabins # 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 40, 42, 43, 44, 46, 50, 51, 52, 58
    The minimum bid per cabin is $500 USD
    Why the 9x difference in minimum bids ?

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Definitely strange. Condition would be one guess, but doesn't seem realistic with that much of a difference (or that there would actually be two distinct condition levels that you could group them neatly into).

Also...where's cabin #37?

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    That definitely struck me as odd too. That's a BIG difference! Maybe somebody mistakenly added another zero? I was hoping to find out when the Cloudsplitter was constructed. Hard to believe it has reached the end of it's lifespan...

All skis are rock skis

Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    That definitely struck me as odd too. That's a BIG difference! Maybe somebody mistakenly added another zero? I was hoping to find out when the Cloudsplitter was constructed. Hard to believe it has reached the end of it's lifespan...
    Originally opened in 1999. They're not replacing the entire thing, but it is a pretty major overhaul where they are replacing the cabins, drive, motor, and some of the communications components.

I wonder if the expensive cabins have some sort of different paint job? Would be a weird typo if they meant $450 and the minimum bid was $500.

I don't have any desire for a gondola cabin, but how would one lift and transport it?

Whiteface post from Facebook:

Author
    Whiteface The difference is the $4,500 cabins can go back up on a lift without any maintenance, the $500 cannot. They look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    I wonder if the expensive cabins have some sort of different paint job?
    I actually found a photo that happened to have 2 cabins from each of the different price levels in it. Granted the photo was from a few years ago where the two cabins just happened to be passing through the base terminal at the same time, but they looked identical from what you can see in that particular photo.

It has to do with their use value. They expensive cabins can be reused by another ski area.

I knew I could count on the good folks at AZ to get to the bottom of this story. Yeah, I guess my typo theroy is busted. It makes more sense now.

All skis are rock skis

Thread Information