AlpineZone Site Migration to new host

AlpineZone

AlpineZone Site Migration to new host

Hi everyone!

Just a heads-up, after much work on the background, AlpineZone will be changing hosts in the next few days. We are moving from our current host to a much more reputable (and much faster) host. My goals with the move are to improve site speed, and also improve site uptime and stability.

Please stay tuned. The site may be unavailable for some time as the migration happens. Also, there is the potential for some posts to get "lost" while the site is in migration. I will be making the site unavailable during the move.

Please report any bugs after the migration!

- Nick
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Thanks for the heads up, Nick.

much appreciated!

Hi guys,

The site migration did not work well at all. While it worked good during testing, once I cutover, we had a major spam issue where our spam services stopped functioning and the forum was filled with spam.

For now, I have reverted back to our original host.

We are also overdue for a forum overhaul (most likely to Xenforo), so I will be trying soon an install on a new host and a migration of the site to an entirely new platform. Xenforo is much more $$, BUT, it is faster, works better for search and in search engines, is more secure, and is overall just a lot newer. I'm not sure how much of the style here I will be able to retain however and there is lots to figure out (i.e. the front end of the site).

Also, Tapatalk is a no-go on Xenforo, you can use the mobile style, which is very effective. So please stay tuned and if you are interested in testing it, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    While it worked good during testing, once I cutover, we had a major spam issue where our spam services stopped functioning and the forum was filled with spam.
    Hi Nick, this is Claudio (I posted on the Facebook page). You have spam issues because there is no email confirmation enabled on your forum which means anywone (even a bot) an create an account on the forum and start posting.

I'm sending you a PM. It seems you need a trustworthy team (Todo10!) to manage your forum and resolve all the issues we have been dealing with.

I'll shoot you a message.

Thread Information