• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Round Top VT - For Sale $7.5 million

Glade Monkey

https://tour.neren.com/255-Upper-Round-Top-Plymouth-VT-05056/unbranded

[FONT=&quot][h=4]PROPERTY INFORMATION255 Round Top Road[/h][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plymouth, VT 05056

Price:
$7,500,000

Description: Plymouth Notch......is located in Vermont's "snow belt" along the spine of Green Mountains peaks and offers a unique opportunity to own and operate an existing ski area or create your own private year round recreational estate. Plymouth Notch consists of two mountains, presently with 150 skiable acres and 28 trails all located on Bear Mountain. Salt Ash Mountain adds an additional 300 acres of skiing capacity to the project. The sale includes 800 total acres, an 8,000 sq ft Lodge with a fully equipped kitchen & bar area, double chairlift, snowmaking pond capable of 100% coverage, additional outbuildings, maintenance garage and equipment necessary to maintain the ski area and grounds. In addition, an Act 250 permit has been granted for residential development. The Master Plan allowing for 66 units around the base area with further development located on the mountain. Plymouth Notch is easily accessible located on a major Vermont ski artery near equal distances of Okemo Mtn., Killington and the village of Woodstock. Inquire for your private tour and further detail

[/FONT]

Killingtime

https://tour.neren.com/255-Upper-Round-Top-Plymouth-VT-05056/unbranded

[FONT="][h=4]PROPERTY INFORMATION255 Round Top Road[/h][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#F9F9F9][FONT="]Plymouth, VT 05056

Price:
$7,500,000

Description: Plymouth Notch......is located in Vermont's "snow belt" along the spine of Green Mountains peaks and offers a unique opportunity to own and operate an existing ski area or create your own private year round recreational estate. Plymouth Notch consists of two mountains, presently with 150 skiable acres and 28 trails all located on Bear Mountain. Salt Ash Mountain adds an additional 300 acres of skiing capacity to the project. The sale includes 800 total acres, an 8,000 sq ft Lodge with a fully equipped kitchen & bar area, double chairlift, snowmaking pond capable of 100% coverage, additional outbuildings, maintenance garage and equipment necessary to maintain the ski area and grounds. In addition, an Act 250 permit has been granted for residential development. The Master Plan allowing for 66 units around the base area with further development located on the mountain. Plymouth Notch is easily accessible located on a major Vermont ski artery near equal distances of Okemo Mtn., Killington and the village of Woodstock. Inquire for your private tour and further detail

[/FONT]

Any one ever ski here? This has been on the market for quite some time. Same price. Very nice spanking new lodge, but antique lifts. They reached out to me through facebook a few years ago with a free lift ticket deal. I guess it was to try to get me there and sell me an overpriced membership. Probably should've taken them up on the tickets just to check the place out.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Frankly, I've driven Route 100 between Killington and Okemo a bunch. I love the area. Within 40 minutes you have- Killington, Pico, Okemo, Ludlow, Woodstock, Bridgewater, Weston, Magic, Suicide Six, and still have the convivence of Rutland and I-91. You've got snowmaking fire power, legitimately challenging terrain, Vermont charm, and if you forget something in the Flatlands you've got RutVegas for all the big box stores and greasy hamburgers you'd need.

Maybe others don't see it this way but I've always been surprised Plymouth didn't work well. Killington is desperate for more real estate and this is a premium location, imo.

slatham

Key issue is elevation, or lack thereof. Base 1,200' summit 2,300' is very low. I know first hand the weather challenges Magic faces with elevation (1,350'-2,850') but it has amazing terrain as an offset (and cost way less than $7.5mm a few years ago, with way more). Unless there's some great unknown terrain somewhere in that 800 acres.....

mister moose

Maybe others don't see it this way but I've always been surprised Plymouth didn't work well. Killington is desperate for more real estate and this is a premium location, imo.
What would make you say Killington is desperate for more real estate? They have plenty of expansion room they haven't tapped (Interconnect). They own close in acreage for walk-to and ski-in condos, but haven't built any in 25 years. The price of existing real estate has seen some recent demand, but is still priced below replacement cost. Several condo developments sit unfinished/unsold, and the Bear project quietly never happened.

I've skied it when it was Roundtop, and once when it was Bear Creek. It skis small, and it's Okemo-like in pitch. It's a fun diversion from the mega resort, but it probably doesn't have the scale needed for todays higher costs like insurance, grooming and snowmaking, and there's no nearby metro area to feed it.

It being for sale is not just old news, it's very old news. It has closed twice after private club attempts (Bear Creek & Plymouth Notch). The failure of The Hermitage let any remaining air out of any private club idea in Plymouth. When you consider the earnings potential, the price is ridiculously high.

Cobbold

What would make you say Killington is desperate for more real estate? They have plenty of expansion room they haven't tapped (Interconnect). They own close in acreage for walk-to and ski-in condos, but haven't built any in 25 years. The price of existing real estate has seen some recent demand, but is still priced below replacement cost. Several condo developments sit unfinished/unsold, and the Bear project quietly never happened.

I've skied it when it was Roundtop, and once when it was Bear Creek. It skis small, and it's Okemo-like in pitch. It's a fun diversion from the mega resort, but it probably doesn't have the scale needed for todays higher costs like insurance, grooming and snowmaking, and there's no nearby metro area to feed it.

It being for sale is not just old news, it's very old news. It has closed twice after private club attempts (Bear Creek & Plymouth Notch). The failure of The Hermitage let any remaining air out of any private club idea in Plymouth. When you consider the earnings potential, the price is ridiculously high.

My guess it’s a buyers market right now not a sellers market for ski areas, just look at jay Peak and Burke, Peak resorts and win smith were geniuses to sell when they did, my guess unless you are a billionaire with time on your hands, it’s next to impossible to sell a ski area except as a fire sale, but what do I know.

NYDB

Plus with round top vt you have Suicide six 18 miles away and Magic 30 miles away drawing your local vibe seeking / less frills/ escape from the crowd types already.

With okemo and K drawing the rest, where are the skiers coming from?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

As far as I'm aware the village isn't dead...heck of a lot of units going in there and at Ramshead if/when it happens. As for private developments not working I'm not so sure the root cause of their failures, you'd probably know better than me.

I'm basing my opinion off of prices of real estate (which you admit has gone up) and the fact that Killington's real estate is nowhere nearly as close to the level of development as Okemo (and Ludlow), Stratton, and Snow.

x10003q

Key issue is elevation, or lack thereof. Base 1,200' summit 2,300' is very low. I know first hand the weather challenges Magic faces with elevation (1,350'-2,850') but it has amazing terrain as an offset (and cost way less than $7.5mm a few years ago, with way more). Unless there's some great unknown terrain somewhere in that 800 acres.....

There was a recent plan for Round Top somewhere that showed extending the main lift up another 400 feet to 2900ft. There seems to be some decent north facing terrain off this sub-peak. Even if I am remembering this correctly, the place is still not worth $7.5 million.

When I was a kid in the late 1970s we used to ski Killington quite a bit and we would stay at the October Country Inn in Bridgewater Corners (Long Trail Brewing is across Rt 4). Instead of going to the Killington Gondola Base, I was always trying to convince my Dad to go 8 miles down 100a to Round Top just to give it a try. It never happened.

dblskifanatic

Price drop now 6.5 million

NYDB

Why would you put a bike park right next to the major player in the NE?

K has really stepped up its mountain bike game in the past 5-10 years.

Newpylong

Bear (development) is happening.

mister moose

Bear (development) is happening.

So is pothole repair at the corner of East Mtn Rd and the Access Rd, and the Village for that matter, but I don't see any evidence of any of those in the very near future.

ne_skier

I don't see much hope in this place considering its proximity to Killington, I'd give them points if they had something very desirable that Killington lacks but I'm not really aware of anything. Seems to be the same/similar story as Haystack.

kevinm55

Read this earlier thread and thought it would be interesting to get thoughts regarding this place with a $6.5 million asking price AND skiier/family frustrations ('21/'22 EPIC debacle) at seemingly all time highs. Does this place have more appeal and/or a future in your opinions and what is the realistic purchase price to make it viable for somebody or entity to run? All thoughts welcomed - have a great weekend all making turns!

drjeff

Read this earlier thread and thought it would be interesting to get thoughts regarding this place with a $6.5 million asking price AND skiier/family frustrations ('21/'22 EPIC debacle) at seemingly all time highs. Does this place have more appeal and/or a future in your opinions and what is the realistic purchase price to make it viable for somebody or entity to run? All thoughts welcomed - have a great weekend all making turns!

Total stab in the dark here.

I would guess that total costs (purchase price, likely maintenance needs, new/used equipment purchase for snowmaking/grooming needs, hiring some full time staff to run the mountain as well as some part tme staff, etc) is going to run closer to 10 million than 5 million, and that's if you have a smaller group of familes footing the bill, if one was to try and operate it like the Hermitage Club, you're up front costs are likely to be greater to get the ammenities levels up to where you can get enough interested people with enough disposable income to join to make the numbers work