• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

JetBlue Adds Another Western Option Out Of Boston and NYC

Glade Monkey

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wc...ide-montrose-rocky-mountain-ski-area/34372069

Direct flights to Montrose, making Telluride much more accessible. JetBlue now has direct flights to Montrose, Steamboat, and Bozeman from Boston. NYC already had quite a few. Add Jackson already!

Too bad Telluride is EPIC (I have IKON). I did like this from the article: "The announcement comes as the airline industry looks to pivot from business travel destinations, which have seen severe passenger declines amid the coronavirus pandemic, to areas where vacationers may want to travel."

Edd

Too bad Telluride is EPIC (I have IKON). I did like this from the article: "The announcement comes as the airline industry looks to pivot from business travel destinations, which have seen severe passenger declines amid the coronavirus pandemic, to areas where vacationers may want to travel."

Huh, I did not know Telluride was on Epic. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zand

Huh, I did not know Telluride was on Epic. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A full epic pass gets you 7 days at Telluride.

Between that and Crested Butte, Epic gets you some good stuff in CO without ever having to set foot in Summit Co.

p_levert

A full epic pass gets you 7 days at Telluride.

Between that and Crested Butte, Epic gets you some good stuff in CO without ever having to set foot in Summit Co.

OTOH, sometimes these loosely affiliated resorts switch sides. For example, A-Basin jumped off the Epic Pass and became Ikonic. So there's at least some hope for us Ikon people.

abc

OTOH, sometimes these loosely affiliated resorts switch sides. For example, A-Basin jumped off the Epic Pass and became Ikonic. So there's at least some hope for us Ikon people.
There's much better hope for those of us who are not "Ikon" or "Epic" people!

Switch passes every couple years. Best of BOTH worlds!

JimG.

Staff member
There's much better hope for those of us who are not "Ikon" or "Epic" people!

Switch passes every couple years. Best of BOTH worlds!

Sensible and smart.

Loyalty is only punished in many cases.

BenedictGomez

My ex company is selling one G550, $15mil. Got a G650 too $36 mil.

You might be able to solve a mystery for me.

Every day at about 4:30 or 5pm or so, a never-ending parade of private jets flies over my house in central/west Jersey in a NNW heading, about one every 5 minutes or so. My brother (ex pilot) thinks they're heading home to wherever their home base is for the night, but the mystery is, where would that be? Is there any airport that has a massive private jet base?

rebel1916

Every day at about 4:30 or 5pm or so, a never-ending parade of private jets flies over my house in central/west Jersey in a NNW heading, about one every 5 minutes or so. My brother (ex pilot) thinks they're heading home to wherever their home base is for the night, but the mystery is, where would that be? Is there any airport that has a massive private jet base?
One way or another, I imagine Teterboro is involved. It's one of the busiest general aviation airports in the US if not the world.

GregoryIsaacs

Just by looking at google maps, it looks like Montrose is within 1.5 hours of Crested butte.... is this road open in the winter I wonder?

machski

It should be more of a NNE track and yes, it's for aircraft heading to both Teterboro and Morristown, both with huge bases corporate jets. Caldwell uses the same routing as well but has less traffic than the other two. The terminus for the arrival ends around Readington, NJ then breaks off on ATC vectors which will differ from there depending on landing North or South at the airports.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app