• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NY Ski Resorts allowed to open at 50 % indoor capacity & other misc info

Glade Monkey

Seems to be pretty much the new standard procedures every state and ski resort are putting in place, except maybe that last one...

State guidance on the reopening of ski resorts includes the following precautions:

• Masks required at all times, except when eating/drinking or skiing.
  • Social distancing between parties required at all times.
  • Restrict gondolas/lifts to members of the same party.
  • Limit ski lessons to no more than 10 people.
  • Thorough cleaning and disinfection of shared/rented equipment.
  • Shuttles, food & beverage, retail service must conform to State-issued guidance.
  • Reduce outdoor capacity on mountain by 25% during "peak" days or if multiple trails are closed due to unseasonable conditions.

slatham

Is this for only ORDA ski areas or all in NY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My read is this is all of New York.

Interesting that they want peak days to be 75% of outside capacity. I presume this will be based on the ski areas actual number of skiers on peak days from prior years.

And on second read, ALL lifts can only be riden by members of same family? So no loading a quad with 2 unrelated people? If that us what they actually do, lines will be crazy crazy.

Last edited: