• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What in the Sam Hell is going on out West

thetrailboss

Staff member
Strong model agreement for a big storm late next week fwiw.

Big Sky finally turned off the guns and pushed out the piles almost a full month before their opening.

Saw racers skiing at Copper today on the webcam. Lucky SOB's :p

Hope so! Most models I have seen have said at least two weeks of this warm, dry, weather.

FBGM

Hope so! Most models I have seen have said at least two weeks of this warm, dry, weather.

Updated 12z made me go 6 to midnight. Improve the from yesterday and flow behind is perfect. Let’s hope this forecast trend holds up. This is for Nov 8-12th range. So still over a week out.

FBGM

You're looking at models 10 to 12 days out? There are easier ways to disappoint yourself.

Meh, 10 days out is about when you can actually start believing and start to think details. At least intermountain west. Usually don’t have to put elevation and snow level into the mix. Where East coast that shit changes hourly.

I try to look at the bigger picture. Jet and flow. Where the moisture is coming from and origin of it. Less concern of timing. Whatever there.

FBGM

Utah hit its highest Covid positive count today. 2,300. They sent out one of those iPhone alerts.

It’s 50/50 still with “I don’t care” and “we are all going to die”

FBGM

If the state shuts down soon here is the reason...

BYU students (Mormons) threw a 5,000-10,000 people Halloween party this past weekend. Videos I’ve seen it looks like a full on concert with DJ and kids shoulder to shoulder as far as you can see. They claimed it was a “protest” against Covid.

Now we all know my stance on this fake religious cult from my previous posts. But fuck. God damn idiots. Brainwashed fucktards down in Utah County. 2 days after Utah had 2,300 cases this happens. Our governor Herby is half a retard but if this causes a huge spike he might shut the shit down again. Which means we can’t ski. This will be all thanks to the Mormons.

We need to build a wall around Utah county and BYU

kingslug

Well, they just instituted mandatory mask wearing..guess its a start. Sux that I probably won't be going there for the first time in 22 years.
And this is what I've been saying all along..its not walking down the street without a mask thats the problem..its the parties, well and the subways here..Everyone jammed into a space pretty much guarantees someone will get it..and spread it.

dblskifanatic

Well, they just instituted mandatory mask wearing..guess its a start. Sux that I probably won't be going there for the first time in 22 years.
And this is what I've been saying all along..its not walking down the street without a mask thats the problem..its the parties, well and the subways here..Everyone jammed into a space pretty much guarantees someone will get it..and spread it.

American Airlines are packing their planes. Rather than limiting passengers like Southwest (3 to a row), American Airlines is flying fewer planes but packing the planes leaving no empty seats. That clearly does not fit the responsibility agenda!

icecoast1

American Airlines are packing their planes. Rather than limiting passengers like Southwest (3 to a row), American Airlines is flying fewer planes but packing the planes leaving no empty seats. That clearly does not fit the responsibility agenda!

Southwest is going to start filling planes again soon. Nobody is forcing anyone to fly or fly the airlines filling flights. If you're in the high risk risk category for covid or worried about contracting it, don't get on the plane in the first place

dlague

Southwest is going to start filling planes again soon. Nobody is forcing anyone to fly or fly the airlines filling flights. If you're in the high risk risk category for covid or worried about contracting it, don't get on the plane in the first place

I agree! We did and that is how we found out! Denver to Miami and on the way back Miami to Denver filled to the max! There is no service. Miami to Turks and Caicos was about half full mandated by T & C. BTW Miamiairport restaurants are also fully open. Not the case in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

If the state shuts down soon here is the reason...

BYU students (Mormons) threw a 5,000-10,000 people Halloween party this past weekend. Videos I’ve seen it looks like a full on concert with DJ and kids shoulder to shoulder as far as you can see. They claimed it was a “protest” against Covid.

Now we all know my stance on this fake religious cult from my previous posts. But fuck. God damn idiots. Brainwashed fucktards down in Utah County. 2 days after Utah had 2,300 cases this happens. Our governor Herby is half a retard but if this causes a huge spike he might shut the shit down again. Which means we can’t ski. This will be all thanks to the Mormons.

We need to build a wall around Utah county and BYU

(Crosses Utah off list of places to travel ever again)

I’m good! Lots of places to ski. Do not need Utah.