• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Christmas Gift for the Hard to Shop for Skier/Rider in Your Life (?)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I wonder if you could turn it into a sauna or something haha. It is pretty steep. i wonder what the original price for a cabin is?

Dickc

Sunday River has similar cabins and Dana Bullin told me they ran $15,000 a piece in 2008 when they bought them.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sunday River has similar cabins and Dana Bullin told me they ran $15,000 a piece in 2008 when they bought them.

They have heaters and everything in them which I'm sure factors in to the cost. The sunday river ones were heated also right?

Dickc

They have heaters and everything in them which I'm sure factors in to the cost. The sunday river ones were heated also right?
Sunday River cabins have no heat, but are glass below the seat level which Killingtons old ones are not. I expect that might make SR's cabin a tad more pricey.

skiur

Killingtons gondolas heat hasn't worked on skyeship or k1 since 2005, not sure if they stopped working or they just didn't care anymore but I wouldn't expect the heat to work.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Killingtons gondolas heat hasn't worked on skyeship or k1 since 2005, not sure if they stopped working or they just didn't care anymore but I wouldn't expect the heat to work.
tbh I thought it wasnt necessary anyway. as long as you are out of the wind you warm up on the lift anyway unless it's in the single digits

Dickc

tbh I thought it wasnt necessary anyway. as long as you are out of the wind you warm up on the lift anyway unless it's in the single digits
I was in them one day when the heat still worked and they REEKED of kerosene! I think they ran on some type of kerosene heater with the heat blown into the cabin by Ni-Cad battery powered fan as they used to plug them in overnight.