• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Praises for the EPIC pass reservation system

drjeff

Very easy, worked as advertised.

Got into the virtual queue when it opened at 9AM EST, was let into the "reservation area" at 10 when it opened, at which time I was about 10000 in line in the virtual queue. Took about 25 minutes until I got the email letting me make reservations. Reserved the 7 days for my entire family we wanted in less than 3 minutes, Reservation confirmation received via email less than a minute later.

While the fact we have to have a system is an entirely different topic, how my experience went this morning, given the large volume of Epic passholders out there, was very smooth. Kudos to Vail resorts and their IT crew for making this easy and efficient

ski&soccermom

Very easy, worked as advertised.

Got into the virtual queue when it opened at 9AM EST, was let into the "reservation area" at 10 when it opened, at which time I was about 10000 in line in the virtual queue. Took about 25 minutes until I got the email letting me make reservations. Reserved the 7 days for my entire family we wanted in less than 3 minutes, Reservation confirmation received via email less than a minute later.

While the fact we have to have a system is an entirely different topic, how my experience went this morning, given the large volume of Epic passholders out there, was very smooth. Kudos to Vail resorts and their IT crew for making this easy and efficient

Lucky you! I did the same (was on at 8:55), and yet am still waiting! Still 72k ahead of me... There were 110k when I started.

Last edited:

prsboogie

And this is exactly why I requested a refund for our passes this season

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

njdiver85

I did the same, getting into the virtual waiting room at 9am EST, but was given #79,906 when it opened. 90 minutes later and there are still 32,000 people in front of me and it says another 50 minutes before I can reserve.

Wondering how this will work every Wednesday when 100's of thousands of passholders are trying to make week-of reservations? Guessing up to 15 hours of wait time to process everyone even if only half of the passholders are trying to get week-of.

ski&soccermom

Still 52,000 ahead of me... Not looking forward to this every Wednesday. Do we know what time this opens on Wednesdays?

FBGM

This has been a joke from what I have seen and heard in the last hour.

I mean, it’s Vail, expect nothing less.

I hope the few Ikon reservation resorts are not as dumb. And glad most Ikon have no reservation.

Make skiing great again.

drjeff

Just curious if it makes any difference what type of EPIC passes people have and wait times?

Myself and my family all have Epic Locals. The majority of my Mount Snow friends whom I am in contact with regularly, and have certainly been this morning, are a mix of full Epics, Epic Locals, and the Northeast Pass, and all have had experiences fairly similar to mine, with the longest virtual queue number being about 60K, and it took that person about 50 minutes to get in to make reservations

thebigo

I was just about to log in and start a thread title Vail Sucks.

I was on when sales went live, did not get in until 11:30.
Best I can tell the system does not allow you to book multiple mountains on a single reservation.
The email correspondence does not correspond with my bookings.
They still do not have the children's seasonal programs listed on the website. Luckily I know someone running the programs and could book around the program schedule.
Parents have no idea whether they will be able to ski while their kids are in programs. I guess I can idle my car in the lot all day?
I still do not have a pass for my four year old despite countless phone calls, that resulted in either misinformation or getting hung up on. The result is I cannot book her, I am sure we will get her on hill but the added hassle is ridiculous.

What about week of reservations? They are released on wendesdays? Am I supposed to sit in front of a computer for three hours waiting every week?

For the record, I would have gladly paid double what we did for passes if it yielded any semblance of a reasonable customer service experience. I miss the old days when you could call a mountain, an actual human being that you knew picked up the phone and gave you a straight answer. Unfortunately, Vail essentially owns New Hampshire skiing.

mbedle

Site seems to be a little screwed up. Just went to site, 200 people ahead and it move quickly, stated it was redirecting me to site and brought me back to Stowe.com, click to reserve and now there are 79000 people in line.

njdiver85

Epic Local here and 80k in the virtual queue to start. Still waiting with 20 minutes to go.

SLyardsale

I got on early.... when it hit 10am EST (8am MT) I was 110k in line. Said about 1 hour wait. 2 hours later it tells me I still have a 20 min wait. Agree, the title of this thread is wrong. edit - I'm epic local

njdiver85

Interesting that the note on the waiting room just changed from processing "50-150k per hour" to processing "approximately 50k per hour". Someone clearly screwed up.

My experience thus far indicates about 40k per hour is current speed.

mbedle

I got in line at 10:45 this morning with 124K and I just checked and its down to 71K after almost 1 hour 45 minutes.

drjeff

Guess I just was lucky with when I logged into the virtual queue right at 9.

Maybe just trying to book all my days for 1 mountain, helped as well.

Seriously was a very easy experience for me, and 4 other separate friends and their families this morning.

I am guessing that there are many, and not AZ'ers, who hadn't read the details and/or understood the quantity of day limits and had to keep their reservation windows open longer as they tried to figure out what days and where they wanted to reserve.

Frankly all I did for my family is go after the days around Christmas week, MLK and Presidents weekend that based on historical levels I feel are the busiest and hence most likely to reach a full amount of reservations, and booked those. I will roll the dice with the weekly stuff after, and then once my first "priority day" is used, then start booking regular weekend days as I can.

Not my ideal scenario, and I am guessing that I will get burned and not be able to ski at my home mountain a few days that I want to, but it is what it is based on the "rules" that the Industry has to follow based on what some elected and appointed people say. Again that's an entirely different topic of discussion

njdiver85

Frankly all I did for my family is go after the days around Christmas week, MLK and Presidents weekend that based on historical levels I feel are the busiest and hence most likely to reach a full amount of reservations, and booked those. I will roll the dice with the weekly stuff after, and then once my first "priority day" is used, then start booking regular weekend days as I can.

I took a different approach with Mount Snow. Booked Sat and Sun of the first weekend in December that was bookable (12/12 an 12/13) for insurance and the rest over Xmas week. Can use the rollover from the 12/12 and 12/13 to book subsequent weekends if needed depending on how things start to look. MLK weekend just not worth it this year to preserve.