• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 3/3

BeanoNYC

"2) There wasn't a slow down sign at the intersection" - I've been skiing at Killington for almost 10 years now and I KNOW there is a sign there, you were probably going too fast to notice Mario - nice try

3) I was in control and was able to bail out in order to avoid an all out collision." - this statement is skiing in control?: "leaving me with no time to turn. I was going at a good clip and was able to avoid full contact, kind of, bailing out and brushing him. YARDSALE... I was ok, but I rang by bell pretty hard, thank goodness I had my helmet." - gosh, I would hate to see what it looks like when you are skiing OUT control, pretty sure they both look very similar....

Do us skiers/riders a favor that know what they are doing and can ski in control and go ski at HUNTER!

You weren't there, you shouldn't make assumptions.

Whatever...troll. Go flame someone who cares. I'm done with you.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

It's people like you that make skiing at Killington absolutely unberable!
I was skiing with Beano that day and he is not an out of control skier. Now the down hill skier does have the right away but he just stopped in a bad spot. Both were probably at fault. Shit happens thats why they are called accidents....you blasting a person without knowing the entire situation is just stupid.

BeanoNYC

I was skiing with Beano that day and he is not an out of control skier. Now the down hill skier does have the right away but he just stopped in a bad spot. Both were probably at fault. Shit happens thats why they are called accidents....you blasting a person without knowing the entire situation is just stupid.

It's ok Dave. I seem to remember a troll way back when that unreasonably went after another New Yorker over a similar subject. Probably the same nitwit. :wink: :roll:
This guy will probably "Begone" soon enough....talk about issues...

volklskir

"Issues"

The only issues I have are out of control skiers like yourself that ruin the on mountain experience for everyone else on the mountain.

BeanoNYC

The only issues I have are out of control skiers like yourself that ruin the on mountain experience for everyone else on the mountain.

You weren't there! How could you possible say that I was out of control? For the record, the traversing skier was left standing because I avoided a full on collision. Why would you be so abrasive? Is there something I'm missing here? Did I do something to offend you?

7 out of your total 8 posts are quite revelatory; let's take a look.

1) An ad for a ski house share.
2) Attacking and naming a ski shop that made a mistake before you settled the issue with them.
3) An abrasive attack on a member of this forum for having an accident on the slope. This, I might add, without knowing the whole story.

Welcome to the forum, Volkl. I am eagerly awaiting your future contributions!!!!!!!!

thetrailboss

Staff member
"On my way down chute, a skiier on Great Northern crossover decided to stop right in front of me without looking uphill to make sure noone was coming down, leaving me with no time to turn. I was going at a good clip and was able to avoid full contact, kind of, bailing out and brushing him. YARDSALE... I was ok, but I rang by bell pretty hard, thank goodness I had my helmet."

I didn't see anyone else jump on this so I'll take the plunge. First and foremost - the downhill skier has the right of way, second, there are plenty of "SLOW DOWN" signs when you approach the cross over. A skier shouldn't have to make sure "noone" is coming down when they stop, you should be in control and be able to avoid anyone below you.

It's people like you that make skiing at Killington absolutely unberable!

Check the responsibility code -

#1 Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
# 2 People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.

Now, if you were coming down chute and this person decided to begin skiing while you were coming down then they were at fault, but there are plenty of WARNING signs going into the cross over to slow the F down. :evil:

I'm going to jump in here and vouch for Beano. He's a great guy and a good skier. On my trips with him, he has been courteous and skied in control. I was not there on Saturday, but I doubt that he was being as reckless as you implied.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'm going to jump in here and vouch for Beano. He's a great guy and a good skier. On my trips with him, he has been courteous and skied in control. I was not there on Saturday, but I doubt that he was being as reckless as you implied.

Yeah, all kidding aside, I'll second that. If you weren't there, you shouldn't really jump to conclusions.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Missed you too, Mike. We were toying with the idea of a mid-day trip over to Pico. Colin was looking forward to spraying...um, I mean skiing with you again!

There was plenty of snow to do it in as well :wink: We do need to get together before the season ends.....Burke maybe the weekend of the 17th.

LMAO! Plenty of AZ love going around. Great avatar, BTW.

Yeah, I bet that AZ doctored that avator just to pi$$ us off....there ain't no stinking powder in Utah! :wink: :lol: