• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole 3-5-7

dmc

Weather: Warm - mid 30s - Sunny.

Conditions: Pack Powder,Chopped Powder,Plain old crud

Report: I love Jackson... The place has some incredible inbounds steeps.

We hit the mountain early today. Took the gondola to the Thunder chair to the Sublette Chair to the East Ridge chair to reach the top of Rendezvous Bowl.. This used to be accomplished by one tram ride... :(

Rode down Rondevous and immediatley hit the Bivouc Woods. Steep tree chutes with bumps.. Chopped pow.. After a few runs on that ridge we went over to the Alta Chutes.. You gotta love these things.. Nice and steep with rocks to navigate around. Alta 3 was my favorite.. It's tight and pretty steep... dropping a couple feet off of rocks to get the lines...

Further up the ridge we noticed from the chair a super steep(55 maybe) narrow chute dropping into the Laramie Bowl. It was a snowboard length wide at the top...
We rode over to check it out.. Nobody wanted to drop it so I volunteered to get the process moving.. I was a little nervous at first and sideslipped a few feet before i started jump turning - of course someone was yelling at me from the chair for scraping but I didn't care... Once I started turning it was pretty sweet..

To keep with the whole chute thing we went over and hit Tower 3 chute... Which is insane - really bumped up and steep...

After that we figured the Hoebacks were soft enough and head over there... We traversed all the way to the boundry line and rode in the sunbaked sloppy pow..

Jackson is amazing - you really do almost become numb to the steepness of some of this stuff..
I'll post some pix later this week.. 5 days left...

ajl50

of course someone was yelling at me from the chair for scraping but I didn't care....

Lame. Invite the screamer to the northeast for one of our rain/thaw/hard freeze weekends and yell at them.

kcyanks1

Thanks for the reports! I'm going to be out there in about a week and a half. Too bad I missed you.

Puck it

Posted some pics from my trip 3/3 - 3/6 in the gallery. JH is initimiating. I have never seen as much steep stuff every where you look. We did not see the T3 chute. We were skiing with a local and said to stay out unless it snowed. Instead we skiied Paint brush and Toilet Bowl. These are on the smae ridge and just as steep. TB face ends up coming out near the bottom of T3 chute. Bivouac Woods were awesome. Cheyenne gully to the Hobacks is good also. Thought about going to over to Cody Bowl on Sunday, but decided it might not be a good idea with the warmth and new snow. Good thing. A kid was taken over a cliff by a slide. He was messed up. I will try and do a full report later.