• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is winter back?

A

Anonymous

I made it out on Thursday after a relatively cold and snowy week. Pretty amazing that the best ski day of the year was the first full day of Spring! :blink: Conditions at Jiminy were great. Will be heading out again tomorrow. Anyone else re-visiting the 2001-2002 ski season? :idea:

MARI

More snow today in NH, may actually get one more day in...most resorts are staying open through 1st week of April now...who knew. But I thought I would be out hiking this weekend instead so I am kinda bummed :-?

A

Anonymous

Well, it looks like this winter's just about done. Kind of a lame season....let's hope for more snow next year. Later.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i don't think this season was that lame at all. unless you're a powder hound that is; but even then, there were still plenty of powder days to be had further up north.

i personally didn't have a single bad ski day out of the dozen or so times i hit the slopes. granted most slopes opened late and closed earlier than usual, but there was still plenty of GREAT skiing if you looked in the right places.

these past two weekends have been THE BEST. this past weekend i closed out cannon and the weekend before that was burke. both areas had plenty of coverage and could have gone for at least another two weeks. burke was actually 100% with no thin cover the day they closed if you believe it.

in any case, it wasn't last year by a long shot. but it could have been worse. i had a great season for sure in any case and will be closing it out next weekend at the river. cheers!!!! :beer:

J

Joe

I would have to agree that this has been a good season as well!!! While we did not get as much snow as last year many of the new england resorts did a great job in keeping almost 100% of thier terrain open and in good shape. I finsihed the season out with Burke, Loon, Attitash and Sugarloaf this Friday for some excellent spring skiing.
While there has been little or no snow on the lawn in S. NH there has been plenty in the mountains and I am sad to see this season end.

A

Anonymous

actually, i would go so far as to say this has been the most fun ski season i've ever had in my life (about 15 years of skiing during said life). sometimes things looked ugly with such little snow and low water levels...

but as far as i'm concerned, i had A BLAST this season and had tons of fun on the snow. you really don't need perfect conditions to have perfect ski days i found out. i discovered a new area that i loved (burke, VT) and rediscovered a mountain that has long been a favorite of mine, but this year was elevated to New England Ski Mecca for me (cannon, nh).

sad to see it end, but i'm looking forward to hitting the trails via foot this summer and looking forward to what next year may bring on skis.

Greg

Staff member
Hey riv - be sure the "Log me on automatically each visit" option is checked when you log in and you should be automatically logged in.

I too am sad to see the season end. I will be back up to Killington in November. Just think - only a short seven months until next season! Enjoy the warm weather...next winter will be here before you know it!