• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

win

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I took my son down to Rutland to get a new ACL and while he was under the knife I took some runs at Killington, and it was excellent. After seeing John Atkinson's shot from The Bush today, I am happy to be going home tomorrow. Unfortunately, my son tore his ACL on 2/9/07 and has had to live vicariously through all of us this winter. April is going to be a great month. Lincoln Peak is still 100% open and the next several days look great. Don't put those skis and boards away yet!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I took my son down to Rutland to get a new ACL and while he was under the knife I took some runs at Killington, and it was excellent. After seeing John Atkinson's shot from The Bush today, I am happy to be going home tomorrow. Unfortunately, my son tore his ACL on 2/9/07 and has had to live vicariously through all of us this winter. April is going to be a great month. Lincoln Peak is still 100% open and the next several days look great. Don't put those skis and boards away yet!

I THOUGHT I saw you in KBL this afternoon! :blink: Thought you were doing recon or something....surprised you skied at your big competitor....

win

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Tin, I owe you a beer if you are around this weekend!

pimothy

Wildcat got over 18" this storm. The Brit's are here.
Spring skiing at least until 4/15.

jaywbigred

Welp, that's it, I'm comin' up. Y'all need to go back out to Kmart and bump it up for me to enjoy on the weekend!

What if April winds up being the best month of the season?

Euler

winter shifted this year

What we thought at first was a crappy winter turned out to be a great winter, just transposed by 1 month. Instead of the Jan-March season I expect in NE, I got instead a Feb-April season!

jaywbigred

Actually, I saw some some numbers supporting this for the last couple years, at least down here in NY area...something like historical average snowfall in April around here is 0.5" but last 4 years its been over 4" each April.

tcharron

Ok, all these numbers get confusing..

Who got the most snow, in all of New England, this week? And who got shafted?

kcyanks1

Good luck to your son on his surgery.. Sorry to hear about that.

Tin Woodsman

Tin, I owe you a beer if you are around this weekend!

I'll be around. Here's a first - I cancelled my planned trip to Utah in order to stay here and ski in VT. I go where the snow is, and this weekend, the "Greatest Snow on Earth" is right here in our back yard.

win

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Yes, it is even if you weren't here today! One of our lift maintenance teammates told me he almost didn't make it up to the top terminal on Castlerock in his snowmobile to clear the lift. My first runs down Twist was knee deep and up at Castlerock some told me their first tracks were thigh deep with great face shots. We may pick up a bit more overnight but these upslope storms are totally unpredictable. Greg was going to ski with me, but he chose to ride the single chair at MRG one last time instead, so he is forgiven. It must have been a great day there as well.:-D

kcyanks1

I'll be around. Here's a first - I cancelled my planned trip to Utah in order to stay here and ski in VT. I go where the snow is, and this weekend, the "Greatest Snow on Earth" is right here in our back yard.

Wow. Where was your trip to? No cancellation penalties? How long were you going for?

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Yes, it is even if you weren't here today! One of our lift maintenance teammates told me he almost didn't make it up to the top terminal on Castlerock in his snowmobile to clear the lift. My first runs down Twist was knee deep and up at Castlerock some told me their first tracks were thigh deep with great face shots. We may pick up a bit more overnight but these upslope storms are totally unpredictable. Greg was going to ski with me, but he chose to ride the single chair at MRG one last time instead, so he is forgiven. It must have been a great day there as well.:-D

Win... we need to make some turns before the end of the season!